Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cARB REBUILD OR REPLACE?

Jim B

Corvette
1974 L82 Grey coupe
HI GUYS,
HAD SEVERAL PROBLEMS WITH MY CARB. I'M GETTING TIRED OF PERFORMANCE ISSUES AND THE CAR DYING OUT. SHOULD I REBUILD MINE OR REPLACE IT.

If it's original to the car, have it professionally rebuilt by someone who REALLY knows Q-Jets and has the right parts; don't just "throw a kit in it".

:beer

I have used Jet Performance for a Holley in Ca. My q-jet needs rebuild allso, Ill check if they do them.

HI GUYS,
HAD SEVERAL PROBLEMS WITH MY CARB. I'M GETTING TIRED OF PERFORMANCE ISSUES AND THE CAR DYING OUT. SHOULD I REBUILD MINE OR REPLACE IT.
try craig woodruff 330-799-3222 he is in youngstown ohio and runs the carbs on a engine before shipping. e mail carbking@aol.com

Jet does it , they have web site. About $560

I bought a rebuilt q-jet from Sean Murphey Induction in CA. He will jet per your specs, uses quality parts and quick delivery. The carb was around 350.00 to the door. Check out his web http://www.smicarburetor.com/

Thanks guys, I'll look into your suggestions. I really want it done right. I'll let you know what happens. Jim

try craig woodruff 330-799-3222 he is in youngstown ohio and runs the carbs on a engine before shipping. e mail carbking@aol.com
does he put them on a engine just to check to be sure that the mechanicals are working? 'cause I don't see how he can assume it's tuned correctly if it's not on a similiar motor to which it's being mounted. ???

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom