Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Carlisle...so who is going and where are you staying?

I'll be with our Vetteheads.com gang at G-110, a couple of rows behind the grandstand; just look for the red Vetteheads blimp :) . Staying at the Best Western Capital Plaza in Harrisburg.

Blimp3.JPG

:beer

The Crew from Spring Mountain Advanced Driving School will be at Carlisle this year. Please stop by our tent and say hello.
Janet Curran

wow...Janet.. That's a long drive from ......Yucaipa, Calif.. Ahhhhhh

How do you pronounce.....Yucaipa...??.. Yuc-ai-p-a..???:ugh

redn.jpg

I'm going to be staying at the Comfort Inn in Mechanicsberg It will be my first time there. The 76 is down for a while with coolant and gas line leaks so I'm forced to take the C5 :L

Viet Nam Vett said:
wow...Janet.. That's a long drive from ......Yucaipa, Calif.. Ahhhhhh

How do you pronounce.....Yucaipa...??.. Yuc-ai-p-a..???:ugh

redn.jpg

We don't have the time to drive our Corvettes, so we will all be flying out to Carlisle. Unfortunately, we will be driving rent-a-wrecks.

The driving instructors (Dave Petrie, Dave Roberts & Victor Resendez) will be happy to give you tips on road tracking, and talk to you about the set up of your cars. You can also ask them about the testing that was done on the new Z06 at Spring Mtn.

Mike & I will be flying from So Cal, the instructors will by flying out of Las Vegas.

Yucaipa - Mike calls it an Indian word meaning "hard to pronounce".
It is pronounced "you kai pa".

We are all very excited to be attending our very first Corvettes at Carlisle. We have been chatting with Lance and will be giving a seminar on road tracking. Please let us know if there are any particular questions or subjects that you would like addressed.

Janet

Janet Curran said:
We don't have the time to drive our Corvettes, so we will all be flying out to Carlisle. Unfortunately, we will be driving rent-a-wrecks.

The driving instructors (Dave Petrie, Dave Roberts & Victor Resendez) will be happy to give you tips on road tracking, and talk to you about the set up of your cars. You can also ask them about the testing that was done on the new Z06 at Spring Mtn.

Mike & I will be flying from So Cal, the instructors will by flying out of Las Vegas.

Yucaipa - Mike calls it an Indian word meaning "hard to pronounce".
It is pronounced "you kai pa".

We are all very excited to be attending our very first Corvettes at Carlisle. We have been chatting with Lance and will be giving a seminar on road tracking. Please let us know if there are any particular questions or subjects that you would like addressed.

Janet

Cool Janet,
You'll enjoy Carlisle.... Make sure you bring a good pair of walking shoes...

Stop by and see us at the 63-67 Stingray Registry. It's easy to spot us... there'll be several guys from Ga..pulling motors and transmissions and radiators...from Midyears on display at our Registry. Some one always has a problem... Here's a picture of Mike and Dennis our two Registry Mechanics at home getting ready for Carlisle..

redncr.jpg

hey Mark
where did you get that pic of me and my brudda?

i'm Darryl and that's my other brudda Darryl
;LOL

Alan and I will be at the former Clarion in Carlisle, now known as Hotel Carlisle. As Guy said, all the action is at his and Remo's hotel...more info on that later, I'm sure!;)

Elaine

qwik-tripp said:
Hi 61 Silver, We are also staying in New Cumberland at the Comfort Inn. I think our hotels share a parking lot.

I hope to see you there.

Should be a great time for all!

Ray

Keep an eye out for the Red Blimp or the sound of Dueling Blenders... See ya there John.
JohnZ said:
I'll be with our Vetteheads.com gang at G-110, a couple of rows behind the grandstand; just look for the red Vetteheads blimp :) . Staying at the Best Western Capital Plaza in Harrisburg.

Blimp3.JPG

John,

I am looking forward to finally meeting the group - both the Vetteheads and the guys on this board. I am not sure where I am staying - I currently have two reservations at two different hotels - the Capital Plaza and one near the fairgrounds.:confused

Dave

JohnZ said:

Blimp3.JPG

My 67 and my wife and I will be at the same hotel as Barry. We'll be parked in the 67 registry during the first day and if the hotel doesn't experience some of Barry's bad luck..:D and is still standing the next day, we'll be back in the registry again the next day and Sunday, too.

Trying to get my brother to bring up the Ruby Z for the ZR1 showing. Don't know who we're gonna get to drive our 91 Z that we plan on winning on Sunday;)
Hey, Viet Nam Vett, on behalf of all the other Dennis's that hang out here I just want to say we resemble that remark!

I am looking forward to my first Carlisle event, especially with my fellow Vetteheads.com
Will Nanny be there?

DonO

JohnZ said:

Blimp3.JPG

Easy drive

invinceablevett said:
stepin........you are going to drive the whole way to Carlisle?When are you leaving?

I usually leave here around 4 AM Tuesday morning, and barring any border problems, we usually are able to get to " HOSS's Steak house" around 5 PM., and then over to the fairgrounds to check out who has arrived/setup.

Stepinwolf. :beer

my wife and I are coming in Thrusday afternoon or evening. Does anyone know if they will let me put my car on the field than or do I have to wait until Fri. morning? I'd rather keep my car on the field at night rather than at the hotel parking lot.

BarryK said:
my wife and I are coming in Thrusday afternoon or evening. Does anyone know if they will let me put my car on the field than or do I have to wait until Fri. morning? I'd rather keep my car on the field at night rather than at the hotel parking lot.

Thursday is no problem, we may even see you there that afternoon.

:w
Guy

For your information

Guy said:
Thursday is no problem, we may even see you there that afternoon.

:w
Guy

For those who are not aware of the going's on, here is a little tid-bit about the Corvette show. The regular show days are Friday to Sunday, but there is access to the fairgrounds in the days preceding the official opening.

However, it has got to the point that there are so many visitors coming in a day or two earlier, that they are now charging admission at the gates starting on Thursday. I wonder how much they are about to rake in , in just that one day. ? :upthumbs

Stepinwolf

BTW, I don't drink but I plan on bringing a big cooler and a bunch of beer with us just so that anyone that comes over to see Baby and so I can meet you I can share a cold one with you :)

Finding us will be easy - we will be in the '63-'67 registry parking and will be the lonely Milano Maroon coupe. I say the lonely one because we all know the huge crowds in the '63-'67 registry area will all be surrounding '67 Heaven! :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom