Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cat back exhaust?

Corvette
2001 red coupe
I'm tired of searching? I'm looking for the best sounding exhaust for less than 1k? B&B, SLP, BORLA?????? i have watched the you tube vids, just cant make up my mind, any suggestions? going to be my first mod, just want a louder @ idle, cruising tone, no straight pipes. will be adding a cold air kit???? and a hand held tune.

long tube headers, and gears in the future

i think I'm going with the B&B bullets, if their to loud, I'll just go easy on the gas pedal

thanks

I have Corsa and like the sound. Not real loud but sounds like a Corvette. Good sound when you put the pedal down, but quiet at crusing speeds.
Mike

Always a Difficult Choice

Tim,
If you plan on getting long tube headers I'd recommend a mild catback set up like Corsa Touring. The long tubes will make whatever catback you select about 30% loader.
Remo:cool

For my money, GHL makes the best C5 and C6 catbacks. They got the balance between sound and drone right.

1300 to 1700 RPM

For my money, GHL makes the best C5 and C6 catbacks. They got the balance between sound and drone right.

The dreaded drone.

It can even be a problem for you guys with the GM
"mild to wild" systems.

I like the sound of Corsa. I have a friend with Corsa on his C5. Seems most of the Vette folks lean towards Corsa or BB. I had Magnaflow on the 06 GTO and the 93 C4. I really liked it. Good price and quality. Leaning towards Magnaflow on my C5.

xhausting hunt

This may not help you;shrug- but its what I did.I picked up/&installed a mint used z06titanium cat back exhausts. Its quiet at idle and roars at 1/2 throttle onward w/ no vibration or droning inside while driving . When you listen to You tube audio/aftermarket exhaust sounds- they show you how it sounds at the back of the car -You don't sit there -so the sound will be perceived different[more quiet] in the cabin. Figure on that for whatever way you go:upthumbs

This may not help you;shrug- but its what I did.I picked up/&installed a mint used z06titanium cat back exhausts. Its quiet at idle and roars at 1/2 throttle onward w/ no vibration or droning inside while driving . When you listen to You tube audio/aftermarket exhaust sounds- they show you how it sounds at the back of the car -You don't sit there -so the sound will be perceived different[more quiet] in the cabin. Figure on that for whatever way you go:upthumbs

I must say, I have to counterpoint here. I just finished installing Ti's on my '04 along with a modified Z06 air lid and while I am happy with the slightly improved performance, I am unhappy with the way the Ti's sound...they are too quiet. Not much different at idle and mildly louder at WOT. of course I don't have LT's; my exhaust system is stock. But I will probably end up going aftermarket to get something that is more aggressive.

I Kant here you?

Yep!That's what I said ;helpThat's what I said! :upthumbsYou won't hear the loudness of an exhaust system because you are inside the car.;shrug You will have to get a vert , put the top down and have your wife drive:ugh. Then you hang over the back facing down w/ your ears cupped toward the road.:boogiePS... I only paid $400 [total] including installation!I'm sooooo cheap!

corsa

I have corsa shark tip system on my c5--not loud on idle but takes it up a notch on acceleration. The chrome quality is excellant, just wipe tips off now and then--no corrosion.

thanks for the replys, im lookin @ the GHL Exhaust, but which one? they all look good?

Take a look at Mid America's "Quad Cruiser" system. I purchased the exhaust and x-pipe for my C6 for about 1k. The finish, build, and sound, is first rate. very similar to the Corsa.

the Mid America quad sound like what i was lookin for, nice sound. really like the comparison chart, thanks

I just put the Corsa Pacecar on my 2000 coupe. LOVE EM! We just took a 600 mile trip over the weekend and absolutely no drone at all....quite as a mouse at cruising speed. Love the sound at idle and when we crank it up!

Good Luck with your choice!

Not sure on their C5 stuff, but their C4 exhaust that i have on my '94 sounded real nice and didn't disappoint. could consider TPiS. Here is their link to their muffler system TPiS, Inc.

I agree, I have the magnum (5" cans w/4 tips) and I love the sound. At idle, it sounds like a 60's muscle car. Relatively quiet until you go past 3,000 rpm, and most importantly, No Drone.

I must say, I have to counterpoint here. I just finished installing Ti's on my '04 along with a modified Z06 air lid and while I am happy with the slightly improved performance, I am unhappy with the way the Ti's sound...they are too quiet. Not much different at idle and mildly louder at WOT. of course I don't have LT's; my exhaust system is stock. But I will probably end up going aftermarket to get something that is more aggressive.
I have the Ti exhaust and like it because it flows as well as the aftermarket ones and IS quiet w/o any drone

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom