Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borla cat back exhaust

• Thread starter HotVetteHotBlonde-Wink
  • Start date
H

HotVetteHotBlonde-Wink

Well, ordered from california a Borla cat back exhaust with X pipe/Quad 5' pipes. Yes I was excited and paid out the wazoo for the shipping priority overnight. I wanted to have it installed before the effingham trip. Made my appt for today to have it installed. Recieved One box before 10:30 am at the schedualed time, the other one is lost somewhere in Memphis tennessee. :mad Thats the X pipe. Fedex pretty much screwed me. Had to cancell my appt. Then made another, because they said it would be here tommarrow before 10:30 am. Called again tonight and customer service for fedex said "ewwwww" We better put a track on that. Should have went out. Well, ewwww probably means I will have to cancell my appt. again. and wont have it installed for my trip. Its really disapointing when youve waited so long to buy one and it doesnt come. Its kinda like being a kid at christmas morning and someone forgot the presents. Has anyone installed part# 140129 Borla touring exhaust on there vette? Wondering how it sounds. I was going to get the stinger but thought it would be to much.
I also just had my windows tinted. All the windows match the black car now. It looks really good. Also will stop the sun from damaging my interior, and claims to reduce heat inside the car as well.
Next will be custom engine covers and chrome wheels. Also want the red colored calipers.

Sorry to hear about your delivery dilemma. I can relate to it though. I've ordered 2 things in the past year and had them shipped FedEx next day or 2nd day. The first order took 8 days to get to me. The 2nd one (my car cover) I ended up going to their (FedEx) facility to pick up my package!!!! Pony Express would have been better!!!!

I installed the Borla Touring and 4" quad tips without the X-pipe. They sound fine, no poping.

At the very least, I hope that they'd refund your shipping money. I thought overnight shipping was guaranteed.

I have had bad luck with FED-EX more like FED-UP
I now use UPS and have had no problems with UPS.
but I have never ordered anything that large before.

HotVetteHotBlonde-Wink said:
paid out the wazoo for the shipping priority overnight. the other one is lost somewhere in Memphis tennessee. :mad Thats the X pipe. Fedex pretty much screwed me.
I used to run a shipping/receiving dept, and recall FEDEX losing alot of my stuff in Memphis. They always paid the insured price for lost goods.
All of FedEx's overnight deliveries go thru their Memphis depot.

Now, I'm reading your post, and I'd like to know what that black hole in Memphis looks like, where everything gets lost.:L

Its either a black hole, or maybe they should get better security guards.:eyerole

Anyway, good luck :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom