Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Check out the 20 inch rims

I'm not a big fan of 18" and bigger on a C3. Then it becomes a set of wheels with a vette in between. But when your into big rims i can imagine it looks cool!

Groeten Peter.

I definitely ain't feelin' it, but hey, we all got our own tastes! :)
It your car and if you like it, then that's what it's all about!

BTW... those sidepipes may be a problem, especially for the ladies if ya plan on taking 'em out. (Or, essentially anyone that's a bit shorter.) The higher you raise your car, the closer to the pipes your legs are going to be getting out of the car. Even when these cars are low to the ground, people still burn their legs on the sidepipes.

Be very sure to warn people about that!

WONKABOY said:
No this is not my car, but i liked the look!!

I held my tongue because I did not want to criticize a fellow CAC'ers car. But I think the proportions are just wrong.

DRTH VTR said:
I held my tongue because I did not want to criticize a fellow CAC'ers car. But I think the proportions are just wrong.
Ditto. I don't really dig the 'stagecoach' look.

I got mixed feeling's on the look, My first Impression is that I was looking at a buick riveria from the back, but the more that I looked at the pic those wheels make the car look intimidating. The main thing is what YOU like!

Evolution1980 said:
I definitely ain't feelin' it, but hey, we all got our own tastes! :)
It your car and if you like it, then that's what it's all about!
Yup. Me too. I think the proportions get skewed with wheels larger than 17".

I test fitted 17"s and 18" to my old C3 and it looked... lets just say "off".

However, some guys get it right. One of the Vettes that comes to mind (Killer- 69MyWay's beast) hits the nail on the head as far as the look goes.

http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/files/vatv6.JPG
(more- http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Photo_Album.html )

My first Vette was also a black Vette. I started my 1978 years before Killer was completed and I didn't join the CAC until after I was done with the major exterior modifications (paint was completed in 1996). I say this because these Vettes (DarkShark and Killer) are both black, have sidepipes, big block hoods, and have chrome trim.

LF_fr_qtr_lights_up.JPG

Evo80's Vette looks fabulous. His car is not over-the-top with the paint scheme but it strikes a great balance and looks tough. The stance is dead on. The wheels on his Vette are a nice accent and aren't the overwhelming feature on the car.

176745467_1f70919276_o.jpg

67Heaven is the same story. The totality of the pieces make an awesome finished image. The hood, the pipes, the wheels, the motor, and the stance are perfect.

IMG_2822-700.jpg

The main point here is the WHOLE car is a canvas. I wouldn't just paint some pretty, Bob Ross trees and then draw stick figures, a blue bird in a tree with a hole in it, and a yellow sun in the corner.

Just my $.02- Fill the whole canvas with a look that strikes a balance in harmony.

WONKABOY said:

Quite some time ago I started a thread about spinner's for a Corvette. ;) :L This is a good candidate.

I will state this though, "to each their own." For my taste it looks wrong, no "Harmony" or "Balance" as was stated previously in this thread.

Wonkaboy,

We, of course, understand that you will do what appeals to you on "your" car.

However, to some of us, proportion is a valuable consideration. Here is a photo of my car with 15" original-style rallye wheels front and rear. The fronts are 8" wide................the rears 10". But the diameter is as original. It's in proportion to the body.

IMG_3047-500.jpg

To me, at least, the 20" wheels overwhelm the beauty of the shark body and draw the eye to nothing but the wheels.

If you are determined to exceed the original 15" diameter, 16" or 17" would be a far better choice than 20". ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom