Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coil over suspension for solid axles

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Hey Wayne and anyone else wanting to modernize their solid axle without spending a fortune on a complete C4 suspended tube frame. Check this out. I ran across this in the new issue of Corvette Fever. A bolt in front crossmember and coil over suspension for the C1. He also has a coil over 4 bar rear using a 9" Ford housing to your width. Looks to be a good upgrade for those wanting to modernize their solid axle cars. Has a nice web site also at www.jimmeyerracing.com .

Tom

Rowdy1

Corvette
1962 CORVETTE-SOLD 2004 Z16 Z06 CE
My Wife Said STOP IT!!!

WOW, what a super suspension set up for a solid axle!!! I am reminded by my lovely bride every time another box is on the porch from Summit, Jeg's, "Yeah, right, I'm not going to change anything on the car";) Looks like I need another full time job for a little while to finance this one, but I am definitely going to look in to it. Thanks for the post Tom.

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
My gears are starting to turn too. Nice thing is that you could put the original suspension back in just a few hours. The weight savings has to be significant.

Tom

D

David Hyman

I checked with Jim Meyer on this and it does require some welding on the upper towers to install.

Rowdy1

Corvette
1962 CORVETTE-SOLD 2004 Z16 Z06 CE
Figures

Kind of like the gas grill, it says on the box "No tools required" and you open it and there's no instructions:(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom