Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Coil over suspension for solid axles

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Hey Wayne and anyone else wanting to modernize their solid axle without spending a fortune on a complete C4 suspended tube frame. Check this out. I ran across this in the new issue of Corvette Fever. A bolt in front crossmember and coil over suspension for the C1. He also has a coil over 4 bar rear using a 9" Ford housing to your width. Looks to be a good upgrade for those wanting to modernize their solid axle cars. Has a nice web site also at www.jimmeyerracing.com .

Tom

My Wife Said STOP IT!!!

WOW, what a super suspension set up for a solid axle!!! I am reminded by my lovely bride every time another box is on the porch from Summit, Jeg's, "Yeah, right, I'm not going to change anything on the car";) Looks like I need another full time job for a little while to finance this one, but I am definitely going to look in to it. Thanks for the post Tom.

My gears are starting to turn too. Nice thing is that you could put the original suspension back in just a few hours. The weight savings has to be significant.

Tom

I checked with Jim Meyer on this and it does require some welding on the upper towers to install.

Figures

Kind of like the gas grill, it says on the box "No tools required" and you open it and there's no instructions:(

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom