Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Cold Start Injector

Ol'Scratch

Corvette
1988 35th Anniversary Edition
Howdy Folks!!...:w

I searched for "Cold Start Injector" and drew a Goose egg on results. I have a 1988 Corvette... We replaced the injectors (among other things) for a "hard start when warm" and "rough idle when warm"... actually we replaced FRV, EGR, IAC, ECM and lastly the injectors. Before we button her up, we eyeballed the 9th inj. and wondered.... if this is bad, lets replace-rebuild it-delete it in that order. The 2 numbers I have are as follows: 17080402, and 17110860. If we can't find one, who rebuilds them? If that draws a zero.... How do you delete the darn thing?...

Thanks Folks
Fast Freddie :patriot:

a "hard start when warm" and "rough idle when warm"...
Cold start injector is only functional when cranking the engine over cold.
It can only present a problem to engine operation if it is mechanically faulty and leaking fuel full time ( testing required )
No CSI may give extended cranking on cold start in colder climates , there are work arrounds

. How do you delete the darn thing?...
Unplug the connector and remove the wiring back to the CSI switch at front of intake

If the switch is still functional, keep / sell it ; they are a $150 replacement item

There are block off kits available if you want to remove it and it's supply line to make your intake purty

Chevy TPI SBC Cold Start 9th Injector Block Off Delete Kit | eBay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom