Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Colrado Aspen Color Run

milehigreg

Corvette
1989 Dark Red Coupe
Nice pics. Also, you've got a beautiful car!

Middle of Sept. and there is that much color up there. I guess snow is right around the corner.

Greg, there was a "color run" this past Sunday, and another one happening in S. Colorado this Sunday, Pueblo down to Trinidad and back around to Walsenberg I think...I might take the co-pilot and go this weekend (didn't get to go last weekend).

Doug...the snow's already shown its ugly head....some of the higher elevation towns got dumped on last weekend.

Bill

Snow Already?

Way to perpetuate the myth Bill! ;) I have a double header on Sunday and then leave Monday morning for a tournament in Phoenix. So no long drives this weekend. It ought to be beautiful though. Enjoy!

Doug and Rick- Thanks for the compliments. The car did turn out looking great in the photos. She has a few blemishes but I still love her. :blue:

Greg, the pictures do look nice. And so does the Vette, blemishes and all. Bill and a good time today, as much as I would love to be there it just isn't going to happen for me.

WOW! Could NOT have asked for a better day for a nice scenic 300 mile cruise!

Zach and I took off from the house about 8:00 this morning, met up with the Southern Colorado Corvette Club in Pueblo around 9:30. Ended up with close to 20 cars taking off down I25 about 10:00. Headed South to Walsenburg for a quick pit stop, then on to Trinidad for another quick stop, then West on Highway 12 up over what I think was called Cucharras Pass (could be mistaken about the name). Had to be somewhere between 9,000-10,000 ft. Just on the other side of the pass had lunch in the small comunnity of Cuchara and a joint call the Dog Bar. Everyone went about their own ways after that. We continued along Hwy 12 to 160 back into Walsenburg and back to COS on I25.

It was probably already in the 70s when we left Pueblo, and had to be in the 80s by Trinidad. By the top of the pass the temp had dropped ...ohhh I'd say around 20 degrees! But, that did not deter any topless driving.

I'm sure some folks snapped some good photos....will post some as they become available.

Great father/son day!

Bill

Bill sounds like a great day! Awaiting pictures.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom