Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Console vent controls on a non-a/c '69. Control air through heater box?

69L88clone

Do they control air that runs through the heater box as opposed to fresh air?
They seem to blow hot air so I keep them closed.
I intend to install manual bypass valves on the heater hoses in the engine compartment to eliminate (hopefully) hot air leakage from this source but was wondering where the air comes from through the center console vent switches. My thought is through the heating system, due to the hot air I feel. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance.
Jim

The two vent knob on the sides of the heater console, control the side air vents and are separate from the heater system.

The cables often go bad. I replaced mine, and installed a new seal kit for the vents.... also, I have my heater by-passed.

Hey, thanks for responding.
I thought the pull knobs, located next to the air vents on both ends of the dash, controlled the fresh air vents?

Hey, thanks for responding.
I thought the pull knobs, located next to the air vents on both ends of the dash, controlled the fresh air vents?

Both the dash vents ("Astro Ventilation outlets") and the side kickpad vents take air from the plenum area below the base of the windshield that wraps down around the sides of the cowl; neither one has anything to do with the heater system. The cables from the console vent controls operate the air valves behind the kickpad grilles.

:beer

Thanks so much!
So the pull switches on each side of the dash operate the "ball"-shaped vents & the center console vent pulls control the kick pad vents , right?
Sorry for being so thick-sculled!
Regards,
Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom