Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corsa for L98--Wow!

Rogue

Corvette
1991 Turquoise Metallic Coupe
Just got the Corsa L98 system installed on my 1991

fr6986.jpg

Okay. Before, I had the Dynomax system w/ Y-pipe crossover. I thought those were not bad but definitely had resonance at 1700-2000 RPM.

But these Corsa's....wow! Awesome! They emit an exhaust growl that sounds like 60's Muscle car with a stock but healthy exhaust system. Especially at tip-in. Those of you who remember the movie BULLIT with Steve McQueen, the way his Mustang's exhaust sounded in the movie, that's about it right there! It's barely louder than stock at idle, definitely louder at WOT, but they are near whisper quiet at cruise at just about ANY RPM! Gone is any sign of resonance. Period. They look great too! The fit was perfect and they really make the car look aggressive from behind. It IS possible to have your cake and eat it too! At least with the Corsa exhaust. :upthumbs Those who are holding back or wondering which exhaust to get on their C4L98's, I believe the Corsa's are the best overall. It took Corsa long enough!

Well, mine isn't the L98, but my LT1 sounds awesome as well. Personally, I think GM should have put these on from the factory. Since they didn't, I had to pick up where Chevy left off. :_rock

Is the whole system stainless?

I'm thinking about ditching my Flowmasters this year for a stainless system. I might go with the Stinger system, I like obnoxious! :L

Hmmm...I'm not quite sure. Email Corsa to find out.

It looks all stainless to me but only the tips are chrome.

BTW, only ONE of the two tips from each muffler is functional. That's part of how it stays quiet. And that's how Chevrolet makes the stock mufflers. I think all the other systems have dual functioning tips. That's why all the others are disturbingly loud from inside the car.

Rogue said:
Hmmm...I'm not quite sure. Email Corsa to find out.

It looks all stainless to me but only the tips are chrome.

BTW, only ONE of the two tips from each muffler is functional. That's part of how it stays quiet. And that's how Chevrolet makes the stock mufflers. I think all the other systems have dual functioning tips. That's why all the others are disturbingly loud from inside the car.

I'm pretty sure that the L98 system is stainless, I know my LT1 system is, and I paid the price for stainless.....not complaining mind you, just commenting.

If you look inside the inner tip you see some slots that make the outboard tip functional. At wot they move a good bit of exhaust. The system is a straight pipe to the cat. You could roll a golf ball down it all the way. Back pressure is much less than stock.

The sound is as pure as possible, no baffles, muffle or obstruction of any kind. The resonator and mufflers surround the pipes and cancel resonating pulses.

It is all they say it is. I second all these comments. A good way to save is to order from Mid America at a Carlisle show, 10% off and free shipping. Even the non-Corvette shows. I'm taking a grocery list along tomorrow.

I have Corsa's on mine and I love them!!

ZR-1Corsa.jpg

Rogue said:
Just got the Corsa L98 system installed on my 1991!
When I get my car back, we should team up and have my 'Flows' and your Corsas growl together!

Nice looking system, guys!

BTW, Ed. I had a pair of Stingers. They are noisy AND restrictive! I gave them away, just like some guy gave them to me.

off-Alicia, near Trabuco :w

What is WOT? And How much did you shell out for the system?

Pirot,

How were the Stingers restrictive? I would've thought that design would have almost no back pressure.

ZQQM said:
What is WOT? And How much did you shell out for the system?

WOT= Wide Open Throttle

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom