Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corsa Touring On C5

I have the Corsa Touring with X pipe Borla shorty headers and stock cats. The car sounds great at wot, I think stock was louder due to the burbling H-pipe. I like it my 86 tends to put you to sleep after an hour ride

i TOTALLY recommend them!!! they are mild when you want them to be and agressive at wot. best thing about them is there's absolutley no resonance at all. also, if you find them too mild, you can always add headers and/or cats.

currently i'm stock from the exhaust manifolds to the corsas.

I've had the Corsa touring edition on my 97 since the first part of december. I love them. Cruising you don't even know they are there. Get on it and HELLO.

I'm like you I listened to a lot of video's and they all sound cool but I didn't want to be drowned out cruising down the freeway.

I got the x pipe and pro tips.

I give them a 10 !!

Remo said:
Anyone had experience with the Corsa Touring Exhaust System on their C5? I recently installed the Borla Stinger System and it's a little "too" agressive sounding for my taste.

Remo:cool

I have them - Loud as hell at WOT (had to protect my ears on the dyno!) and smooth sound at cruise. I'm happy.:D

Remo said:
Anyone had experience with the Corsa Touring Exhaust System on their C5? I recently installed the Borla Stinger System and it's a little "too" agressive sounding for my taste.

I've had the Corsa w/Pro-Tips for the last two years. I like them fine, but as others have said it's a matter of personal preference.

Robert

I went w/ Corsa Indy 'classic' tips and Bassani X on my '03' cpe. Am absolutely pleased from the moment I turn the key. I tell my Son it made the V a little 'mean.'

I've heard the Corsa's on 6 Shooter's C5 and they are very mild at cruising and pretty throaty at WOT.:D

I have the B&B stainless steel Triflow exhaust. Nice and comfortable at cruising but sounds good when I get on it. I'm sure it is mild by most standards here, but I like it. I'm looking forward to hearing some other examples at Bowling Green though because I really haven't done a comparison.

I have a question... would someone explain the concept of h-pipe vs x-pipe? Mine has the h-pipe.

Thanks in advance.
JAG

XLR8 said:
I have a question... would someone explain the concept of h-pipe vs x-pipe? Mine has the h-pipe.

Thanks in advance.
JAG

I believe the X pipe crosses like an X while the H pipe is two parallel pipes with a pipe in the middle that connects them. Therefore, it makes it look like an H.

Edmond said:
I believe the X pipe crosses like an X while the H pipe is two parallel pipes with a pipe in the middle that connects them. Therefore, it makes it look like an H.

Edmond,

Thanks. That much I figured out... I was wondering what makes the x-pipe the more desirable of the two, since I've learned through reading that a majority of owners who've modified their exhaust changed to the x-pipe.

JAG

XLR8 said:
Edmond,

I was wondering what makes the x-pipe the more desirable of the two, since I've learned through reading that a majority of owners who've modified their exhaust changed to the x-pipe.

JAG

JAG,

I'm not an expert on exhaust flow dynamics. Having said that, here's my understanding. Both the H and X-Pipes perform the same function. That is they "balance" the exhaust pressure between the left and right exhast pipes. The X-Pipe does a little better job purely as a result of it's shape. It allows the exhaust to mix together and produce a smoother flow pattern. Some experts claim the X-Pipe will increase you performance and I won't argue the point. But one thing is for sure. The X-pipe does a better job flowing exhaust thrroughout the system, and to some extent reduces the "poping" sound out the back of the car normally associated with an uneven flow.

I have the Corsa Pace Car with the GTR tips with a X-Pipe. The sound is great. At cruise it sounds like stock, get on it and all hell breaks loose.

Next week I am adding Hi Flow Cats and a set of Kooks. The sound should go to another whole new level.

Put touring on mine & love it. Quite on hiway untill you nail it.

Highly recommend

Remo said:
JAG,

I'm not an expert on exhaust flow dynamics. Having said that, here's my understanding. Both the H and X-Pipes perform the same function. That is they "balance" the exhaust pressure between the left and right exhast pipes. The X-Pipe does a little better job purely as a result of it's shape. It allows the exhaust to mix together and produce a smoother flow pattern. Some experts claim the X-Pipe will increase you performance and I won't argue the point. But one thing is for sure. The X-pipe does a better job flowing exhaust thrroughout the system, and to some extent reduces the "poping" sound out the back of the car normally associated with an uneven flow.

Hey Remo,
Thanks for the explanation... and sorry that I'm just now responding but I missed this update 'til now.

According to what I've read (and understand :) ) it makes sense. Producing a smoother flow (ie less restriction) SHOULD increase performance.

Thanks again!
JAG
:w

Remo said:

I have the Corsa Touring on my 04 and had it on my 02 also. It sounds great and at Parkway speeds you can actually talk and hear eachother. Off the line it is great sounding. I am very happy with it.

04 Commemorative said:
I have the Corsa Touring on my 04 and had it on my 02 also. It sounds great and at Parkway speeds you can actually talk and hear eachother. Off the line it is great sounding. I am very happy with it.

Any popping on de-accell ?

I guess everyone has different tastes. I have Corsa Pacecars on my 2000 and an x-pipe and backfire WAY too much. I went back to stock to see if it goes away, and yes its gone. I miss the Corsa sound, it was really awsome, but the backfiring was just out of control. It sounded cheap. Like it was sucking air back in the tailpipe and popping it out again.

Two things on this...
1. there has to be a way to cut it down by a good programmer. Any suggestions?
2. I notice that sometimes when you race the engine in park, the decell comes down real SLOW. Other times it comes down fast. Like the old dashpot on the linkage on carburators. What component on the vettes does this, a sensor, the PCM? Reason for asking....when it comes down slow, there's no backfiring at all. Perhaps MY car has an issue, since if so many have Corsas, I cant imagine everyone actually liking the backfiring....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom