Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Corvette Central Exhaust System?

leeboy66

Corvette
1977 Bright Yellow Coupe
My experience with Magnaflow!

I had a a C4 system installed (had it done because I was DEPLOYED) on my '90 just before I retired and moved from Savannah back to N. Georgia. The OVER PRICED and UNDER ENGINEERED magnaflow muffler suspension tabs began to break in 6 mos! I figured no problem and rolled into the nearest dealer, only to be told that the company policy was for ME to return to SAVANNAH (4 hr drive) to have it replaced by the DEALER that installed it! I called and emailed magnafolw customer (no) service,and was told that was the policy, that other wise I might have got it from a junk yard and trying to scam them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tend to be persistant and found a dealer (and his distributer) close by that quickly saw that the "policy" was a way to CHEAT customers and supported my claim. Just as a point of interest, I have replaced the R side twice and the L once..... I have since created a discrete wrap around retainer that restributes the tension along a greater area.

I wouldn't disgrace my Craftsman mower with magnaflow mufflers or their CRAPPY warranty.

I will happly share my email exchanges with customer no service if you are interested!

When I have your wounded

I'm a Flowmaster guy so i have no opinion of Magnaflow but if you are going from your stock single exhaust to this setup i think you will be very happy with the results.Long tube headers will give you a little more torque over the shortys but it depends on your engine on how much.

"only to be told that the company policy was for ME to return to SAVANNAH (4 hr drive) to have it replaced by the DEALER that installed it! I called and emailed magnafolw customer (no) service,and was told that was the policy, that other wise I might have got it from a junk yard and trying to scam them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I too am thinkig about the same system but I will be installing the system myself. Any opion as to what dealer I would return to if nessary:confused

charlie

to offer a counter arguement. i have had the corvette central magnaflow system on my vette for 6 months now and had no issues.

i also have had a magnaflow system on my 68 mustang for 5 years now and it is still in the same condition it was 5 years ago.

after the excellent experience i had with magnaflow i would never use anything else. both systems are nice and quiet and idle and have a nice rumble cruising.

Magna flow

No but I would have ANYTHING you need from them in WRITING! Sending them a broken part so THEY can decide what happened is a HARD way to learn that their Customer no service doesn't want to support you!

I'm sure they have done well for some ... they just did ME wrong over and over!

When I have your wounded
Charlie

f_Machine20Gum_d98ebbb.gif

"only to be told that the company policy was for ME to return to SAVANNAH (4 hr drive) to have it replaced by the DEALER that installed it! I called and emailed magnafolw customer (no) service,and was told that was the policy, that other wise I might have got it from a junk yard and trying to scam them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I too am thinkig about the same system but I will be installing the system myself. Any opion as to what dealer I would return to if nessary:confused

charlie

Other complete systems?

Does anyone know of any other complete systems that I should check out? My friend got one from Allen's Stainless, but it didn't include headers. Has anyone used Stan's headers? I heard that the Tri-Y Headers are good.

I'm thinking of purchasing this exhaust system from Corvette Central. Its a complete system including headers and Magnaflow mufflers. Does anyone have any thoughts/advice regarding this system. Are tight tuck headers as good as full sized? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. :)
Happy New Year!

Here is the link to the system details:
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000050q~Z5Z5Z5ABXCW~P609.00~~~~S2EH14IKZW69113167621k~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000050Q

I just finished replacing my '81 exhaust today as a matter of fact with a complete Corvette Central system almost exactly the same and other than rerouting my tranny coolant lines it was a really good fit for my car. It sounds pretty good but not quite as deep and gutsy as I wanted. My car is still up on blocks so I haven't driven it yet (still winter way up here!!).

No but I would have ANYTHING you need from them in WRITING! Sending them a broken part so THEY can decide what happened is a HARD way to learn that their Customer no service doesn't want to support you!...

Stories like that dove me to side pipes on my Vettes. I started running them in 2002 on my first C3. I'm on my second C3 with side pipes now.

ladams that system looks just like what the doctor ordered. What kind of mufflers are you using? The headers have got to be a huge improvement over the stock manifolds.

ladams that system looks just like what the doctor ordered. What kind of mufflers are you using? The headers have got to be a huge improvement over the stock manifolds.

They are magnaflow mufflers. You can hear a sound bite at CC Exhaust under C3 magnaflow systems. I couldn't resist any more and drove it around the block yesterday. I was very happy with it. I don't know if it's my imagination but it really seems like there's alot more pep.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom