Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Corvette Newbie

muddbros

Corvette
1978 Coupe (manual)
Hello everyone! Well, I wasn't even planning to buy a car... but I've always loved the C3s and I couldn't resist the temptation of this beautiful 1978 4-speed (L48 nicely converted to L82) silver exterior/red interior. Whoever restored this car did a beautiful job and I am going to be sure to continue taking great care of this beauty. I am absolutely hooked... a complete corvette addict.:D

But my knowledge is limited only to what I've found on the web so far (this forum absolutely rocks!). Any advice on a good place to pick up the Factory Assembly Manual and Service Manual/Electrical?

Thanks!!

Let me be the first to say :welcome !!

Congrats on the C3!
:wJane Ann

Some pics

Thanks! I can't even describe how excited I am about this sweet ride!!:beer
Here are some pics from right after I picked it up on the 14th...

muddbros-albums-first-day-july-14th-picture1976t-1978-c3-front.jpg

muddbros-albums-first-day-july-14th-picture1975t-1978-c3.jpg

muddbros-albums-first-day-july-14th-picture1978t-1978-c3-rear-quarter.jpg

Welcome Mudd
I would take a look at ebay, usually find 5-15 copies there.

Look for sellers with 100% feedback and ask questions...worked for me on my 84 manuals.....Very nice 78 :thumb

Nice ride!

If you find a manual on Ebay and you're not certain about it, post your questions in a new thread in the C3 General Discussion Forum and these guys will give you answers and advice to help you decide.

Good luck!
:wJane Ann

video

Here's a video of a quick walkaround of my C3.

BTW- I ended up getting the "1978 corvette service manual kit" from the Helm site today... which I believe will include all available service manuals. After looking around a bit more, it looks like the Factory Assembly Manual is indeed easiest to find on eBay.

Haven't taken a ride for a couple days now, can't wait for this weekend, I'm going to make a road trip!! :)

Hey, Welcome to CAC. I love your color combo...same as my first Vette 35 years ago. She really looks great.

1964Corvette.jpg

Hey Jim

That is one NICE vette & pretty snappy camera work also....let us know how the cruise goes. :thumb

Welcome to the forum Muddbros. :w I watched your video. Very nice looking Corvette.

Welcome to CAC!!!!
enjoy!!!!

Thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm sure I'll be hitting up other parts of this site by Monday when my books come in. Any advice on where to order parts from or good threads to check out about C3 repairs? I need to get my e-brake working as well as a few other smaller things. I don't like having to leave it in gear to keep it from rolling away!!

First Weekend road-trip

I had to let you know the weekend road trip was absolutely awesome!!!! I was off until Monday so I went "Up North" in Michigan and had the T-tops down almost the whole time. Driving along the shoreline in perfect weather is incredible. The priveledge of owning a corvette is definitely the way to live.:upthumbs
I did have a headlight go out though, and I'm in a bit of a quandry whether or not to go to Xenon headlights.

Any advice?

Welcome to the CAC Muddbros and fellow Michigainer :w

I would go for the brighter head lights.

Hecox

Thanks! I'm finding out there is a lot more to updating the lights than I thought. I got a lot of great info from Peer81 in this thread.

I think I'm going to go Xenon eventually, but I'm going to have to do more research on what I have to do with the wiring harness first.

BTW- Are there any local corvette clubs or events I should know about? :thumb

All I can say is WOW!! :thumb:thumb:thumb:thumb

That is one heck of a collection of vettes! Must have been a pretty cool collection of folks as well. :)

I'm going to be out of town for a couple of weeks, but would like to check the club out when I get back. Any upcoming events?

The Wife and I just joined GMC Corvette Set. They seem to be a great bunch of folks. They are based out of Rochester.

Here's a couple of previous posts:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/off-topic/115567-gmc-corvette-set.html

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/off-topic/115643-gmc-corvette-set-lingenfelters.html

Hecox

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom