Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crankcase breather grommet

MaineShark

Corvette
1979 L82, 1987 Buick Grand National
Sounds silly, but where can I get a new grommet for the breather tube hole in my passenger's side valve cover? NAPA had nothing except the PCV grommet that goes in the driver's side. And it wasn't even the right one, anyway - wouldn't fit the hole in the cover, let alone accept the breather tube.

I have a new breather - a K&N with a 3/4" tube, but the old grommet disintegrated when I pulled the tube out...

All the aftermarket catalogs have grommets for much-larger holes (1.22", as opposed to the roughly .900" hole in the stock 'Vette valve cover). I didn't imagine that this would be a difficult item to find, but it's giving me fits...

Thanks,
Joe

Thanks. I can't seem to get their online catalog to display, but I'll give them a call on Tuesday.

Joe

I found one that works at O'Relly"s beats paying shipping I looked all over.I'm glad I'm not the only one living in the Twilight zone tracking down parts is the biggest pain

FYI - I found some new ones on Ebay one time. Was looking for something else at the time, but picked up a couple when I saw them. Not sure if I have any info on them now, but if I do will let you know.

:w

Got mine from Advance auto. Back by air cleaners.

Also a well stocked "HELP" section has about 5 sizes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom