Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Crossfire manifold fit on a crate 383 with 202 heads?

ironmoo

Corvette
1982 white/red interior
Soooo I've heard of people using the 383 with the Cross-fire (I will port/polish my extra CF manifold.)

Will the Crossfire manifold line up (bolt pattern, etc) with the 202 heads? Has anyone done this?

I may have access to a new crate 383 to transplant into the '82...and keep my original engine on the side lines for awhile.

Thanks in advance for any info!

-MOo!

Why would you think it won't line up? I would definitely port the Xfire. Also not convinced the Xfirencannflow enough for a 383. I did use a Xfire I'm 2.02 TFS 23d heads. However, it was using a 350.

With a 383 your stock intake won't make it. You should get an intake that moves more air. Like an X-ram. I see a few on eBay.

The Crossfire intake can support a 383 , BUT : you will need to port it, and go to larger injectors along with a 7747 later model ecm with hamboard and a tune, the stock injectors and computer on ported or non ported intake simply wont work on a 383. There are a few 12 sec 1/4 383 crossfires around, but it requires some determination.

Why would you think it won't line up? I would definitely port the Xfire. Also not convinced the Xfirencannflow enough for a 383. I did use a Xfire I'm 2.02 TFS 23d heads. However, it was using a 350.

Thanks for the tips! Based on research, staying with the 350 after all.
I figured the 202 heads would line up to my stock L83 350 block...Just an old nay-sayer mechanic neighbor said I was crazy and it would not work. lol

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom