Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Cruising for a Brusing !

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
Hopped in the ol'Vette and headed out for a few hours of blissful happiness. . . But two miles out I hit choppy water, Or should I say Roads. Man I was heading home from the Dealership who changed the oil and filter, but the roadway was so bad, it was filled with Washboraded roads and potholes, seperated road surfaces, washed out gutters and just huge miles long of roads that in any sense should be closed. The road from the dealership to the turnpike was so bad I turned back and headed for the back roads.

This ain't cruising, this is bottom out rally roads ! The State should be ashamed to allow people to try to navigate these washboard -chuck holed roads ! It's disgraceful. The tractor trailers have absolutly pounded the roads into a long strip of gritty potholed impacted & damaged roads. Here In Pennsylvania are so bad that the Corvette can only get up to about 35 MPH and not sustain major damage. This sucks ! :mad

Bite my tongue, :eek:hnoes
But this sure sounds like "Shovel Ready Jobs" to me :eek

Bud

Where we live in Southwest PA, the roads are also poor. The only way the politicians will do anything is if they hear from us. They are afraid to raise any gas tax but most people support good roads and are willing to pay their fair share to keep the roads in good condition. My state legislator knows my opinion on this subject. Does yours?
BYW, I am in the road design business so I have a somewhat vested interest in good roads plus keeping the wheels on the 98 C5.

New York City here.......

After the last few storms, the roads have taken such a pounding its like they aged 20 years in the last few months. Pot holes and chunks of asphault almost everywhere.

Guess I will go another year putting more miles on my bicycle than the Vette,..

I understand what you mean. The roads here in MA are the same. I went and bought mud guards from the dealer I got my Vette from, genuine GM parts, got a good price I think, $56.00 front and back. I'll have them installed on the 17th of April with my oil change.

Well Ya know, For years now we've been paying a new tax every year on EVERYTHING as far as the states concerned in regard to our automobiles. I paid a increase in the drivers license fee, the state inspection fee went up. The yearly cars registration when up, When you pull up to fill up the gas tank, WAM, your hit with another tax increase, All these BS taxes are suppose to go to maintain the states roads. . . So where the hell did it all go ?

I'm not going to turn this into a political thing, but just how does all this money evaporate on it's way to the states capital ? I mean is this just a thing that money goes into that big bureaucratic cesspool and promptly disapears. Yeah, Shovel ready, Heck they won't even need to strip down the old surface, cause it's almost all gone as it is. This is going to make this seasons summer sunday afternoons nice cruises into a afternoon sitting in the Corvette looking at my garages wall ! All this infrastructure rebuilding money, I sure hope it finds it's way to around here sometime soon ! Sorry, I'm just venting here. ;help

I have to admit, Nevada roads are pretty damn good. Now our neighbors to the west, well I don't know who's taking the highway funds and partying, but..............................

Here in Colorado Springs, the potholes could act as tank traps. They do give great opportunities to practice slalom skills.

Hopped in the ol'Vette and headed out for a few hours of blissful happiness. . . But two miles out I hit choppy water, Or should I say Roads. Man I was heading home from the Dealership who changed the oil and filter, but the roadway was so bad, it was filled with Washboraded roads and potholes, seperated road surfaces, washed out gutters and just huge miles long of roads that in any sense should be closed. The road from the dealership to the turnpike was so bad I turned back and headed for the back roads.

This ain't cruising, this is bottom out rally roads ! The State should be ashamed to allow people to try to navigate these washboard -chuck holed roads ! It's disgraceful. The tractor trailers have absolutly pounded the roads into a long strip of gritty potholed impacted & damaged roads. Here In Pennsylvania are so bad that the Corvette can only get up to about 35 MPH and not sustain major damage. This sucks ! :mad

I lived in West Chester, PA for 12 years, just left 3 years ago...they should start filling those potholes soon; I hope. :eek:hnoes

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom