Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Date codes....and other

P

pbergmann

Hi I'm new to this forum and I have a question. I bought a 87 coupe w/17k miles never in rain Az car with all docs. I do not plan on driving it much and am doing cosmetic resto as needed. Brakes, int ect.

The hoses are orig and date coded I bought a set of ACDelco rad. hoses and want to know how importent it would be to get them date coded and who does it? Or is it not that importent in this vintage? I am keeping everything i take off for the reason if i sell it the parts could get reinstalled.

This could qualify for survivor but I dont know if I'm that motivated as it is a hobby, and I dont want to do anything that would be stupid. I have done 2 previous restorations but this is the first time I got my hands on survivor material.....

any feed back would be helpful!

I have an 88 that I have had flight judged twice. I enjoy it very much. The best part is when you get your score sheets you can go over them and correct all the problems.I have done the Chapter and the regional, don't know if I will go national or not. It is in Mass. this year,quite a hual for me.I was also invited to take the car to Carlisle and put it in the Gallery, but again quite a hual! I would definately get it judged if I were you. It sounds like a real keeper.

Any thougths on the hose date code issue? I thought there were companies that do it or kits you could buy.....

Lack of a date code on a radiator hose is a 1-point deduction (out of 4500 for the whole car).

:beer

As John said it is one point. I think if you shop around, you maybe able to find nos.I don't like loosing even one point if I can help it.The battery gets me every time and also the tires.There are a few things you cannot help so it is best to try and correct what you can.Try the driveline mag. and e-bay!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom