Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
wishIhadavette said:
hey dave congrats on the new car, I wish I could get one of those. seriously though when it comes time for an oil change though, take it to an instant oil change place, the kind where the car never leaves the ground. again congrats and enjoy :)
Part of the reason I was able to do this is having a wife who gave up kitchen remodeling $$$ and insisted I get a new vette instead of a used one. :)

- Dave

Dave

having a wife like that is something to value over everything else!
:)

BTW, i noticed in the carfax report you added the link to that it's listed as having no minor, moderate, or serious accidents or damage...............hmmmmmmm
LOL

BarryK said:
BTW, i noticed in the carfax report you added the link to that it's listed as having no minor, moderate, or serious accidents or damage...............hmmmmmmm
carfax.com said:
Q: Can I submit information to CARFAX for inclusion on the reports?

A: Yes, you can rate a vehicle and add a comment about a vehicle’s history or general condition by adding a CARFAX Customer Rating & Comment. This feature is only available from the Vehicle History Report, so you must first purchase a CARFAX report.

To submit a comment about a particular VIN:

1. Run the Vehicle History Report for the VIN you want to comment on,
2. Click on the “Tell us what you know about this vehicle” link located after the CARFAX Detailed Vehicle History,
3. Complete the survey, and
4. Click submit

Your comments will be added to the CARFAX Customer Ratings & Comments Report within 24 hours.
Nudge-nudge, wink-wink, say no more, say no more. . . :D

Cautionary tale

I've been watching this thread for what seem line forever. I'm really so happy to hear the Dave, er I mean THE BLUE VETTE has finally come to the end of this saga. :worship

So let's make sure that the dealer doesn't get a chance to try and screw somebody else. :Buttslap How many postings to carfax would it take for them to create a new DEATHTRAP :blow vehicle rating?

Scott

shutchings said:
I've been watching this thread for what seem line forever. I'm really so happy to hear the Dave, er I mean THE BLUE VETTE has finally come to the end of this saga. :worship

So let's make sure that the dealer doesn't get a chance to try and screw somebody else. :Buttslap How many postings to carfax would it take for them to create a new DEATHTRAP :blow vehicle rating?

Scott
Scott -

No need. The DMV sent me a late registration (I never got to that smog certificate I asked for, in addition to the oil change, while the car was in the shop.) I filed my release of liability and my other paperwork.

- Dave

Auctioned off

Carfax shows that my old 97 black coupe was auctioned off on 8/18. No sign of an accident associated with it. I guess the accident report I filed with the DMV hasn't caught up to it yet.

- Dave

Well, hopefully it does catch up.

The buyer is gonna be pretty upset. . . I hope they sue Stewarts! I would.

TheBlueVette said:
Carfax shows that my old 97 black coupe was auctioned off on 8/18. No sign of an accident associated with it. I guess the accident report I filed with the DMV hasn't caught up to it yet.

- Dave

The new owner of that car is in for a very unpleasant surprise. :(

boy is that gonna suck!

What makes this whole thing stink even more than it did was the fact that whoever dropped the vehicle off the lift is covering that up to the new buyer and keeping the previous owner from saying anything about what happened. Did we wake up in Russia?:L:L:L

Hi Demery!

Hi Demery!!!!! Welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am glad you have finally posted. I have been telling that husband of yours for you to get out here!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with 67Heaven (he is a forum moderator) that you should consider registering under another username. It will help prevent confusion.

Perhaps you can select a name like, TheBlueVetteGal

I think that would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, welcome to the forum and please by all means come on in and chat with us!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer

TheBlueVette said:
Hi, this is Demery, Dave's wife:

I understand Dave cannot talk about the car ordeal anylonger. He signed a stipulation. My name is not on that piece of paper. I was never asked to sign any document or affidavit. I will tell you about an incident that happened to me at work last week.

Ms. BlueVette :)

Rain said:
Ms. BlueVette :)
I like that! Too late, though. Watch for BlueVette2 as soon as a moderator approves the handle.

Dave

If you like, it can be changed to any name you like! It is never too late here at the CAC!!!!!!!!

I am looking forward to hearing Demery's reports!!!!!!!

TheBlueVette said:
I like that! Too late, though. Watch for BlueVette2 as soon as a moderator approves the handle.

Dave

Wow, that top goes real well with that blue color!!!!!!! NICE!!!!!!!

image.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom