Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Dealer dropped my C5 off lift -- need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPANISHVETTS said:
Congratulations Dave.

Beautiful car, great color, nice looking lady beside you, life really can be good when you know what you want and go after it.:upthumbs

I am really happy for you:D :beer
Thanks, Spanishvetts! We spent nearly the whole day at Courtesy Chev in San Jose. My wife Demery called Anne Marie, our sales person, the day before, and the two of them conspired to get me into an '04. I was thinking of a used model, but that blue color just grabbed me. This was the last Commemorative left in California. It is so sweet!

Demery was checking out the C6 they had. She thought she could accessorize well with the color. It was a sort of bronze (Sunset Daytona Orange, I think it is) -- she was sure that she could get matching lipstick, shoes, etc. :D She's sure that it's time to dump her Benz and get the C6. After all, why should I have all the fun? :)

SPANISHVETTS said:
How is your Son doing at his new duty station?:pat
Mike was in Kuwait last week. "It's so damn hot here, and really, really dirty." Here he is with his new ride, the LCAC hoover craft.

We sent him some of the pictures that Erik took. He really wanted to go shopping with us, but was otherwise occupied. ;)

Time to get ready for work. It's so nice to have a vette again! :w
- Dave

Congrats Dave and Demery. It's been a long haul but you look like you have weathered it well and from your smiles, you will have some fun times ahead with your new ride. I'm very happy for the both of you. Happy motoring!!

Ed

We haven't heard from Tom or theblackvette yet. BV was on vacation, usually doesn't stray too far from his postings. I wonder how they did with hurricane Charley? Anybody heard?

-Dave

Hello, Dave and Demery,

I spent 3 hours yesterday reading this entire thread. Man, what a ride! I'm so glad things turned out well for you. I live in South San Francisco, and am very familiar with that particular dealership in Colma. What a shame.

The new Corvette looks fantastic - you certainly deserve to enjoy it now, after all you've been through.

One more thing: Dave, you are so fortunate to be married to such a wonderfully supportive spouse. I, too, have been lucky enough in life to have found a wife (Dorothy) who is not only my soulmate, but is accepting and supportive of my other interests (cars in general, a 63 Corvette specifically).

Cheers!

kbuhagiar said:
Hello, Dave and Demery,

I spent 3 hours yesterday reading this entire thread. Man, what a ride! I'm so glad things turned out well for you. I live in South San Francisco, and am very familiar with that particular dealership in Colma. What a shame.

The new Corvette looks fantastic - you certainly deserve to enjoy it now, after all you've been through.

One more thing: Dave, you are so fortunate to be married to such a wonderfully supportive spouse. I, too, have been lucky enough in life to have found a wife (Dorothy) who is not only my soulmate, but is accepting and supportive of my other interests (cars in general, a 63 Corvette specifically).

Cheers!
Thanks, kbuhagiar!

I was all set to go used, but Demery kept pushing for a new one, even at expense of a kitchen re-model we were thinking about. I am very lucky!

- Dave

Breaking in new car?

Anyone have advice in how to break in a new vette?

- Dave

Break-in periods are in the manual that comes with the car.

If you are going to purchase a new C6, I suggest that you wait until at least the first 1000 come off the assembly line so G.M. has the defects/bugs repaired.
Because I have clients that work on the line at Bowling Greens, I get a discount Get your best price and I should be able to beat it by no less than five grand. Keep in mind that I am only limited to six and would not consider going down there until late October. I am also purchasing one also. Beside the discount. The other 6 WILL be hand picked on line via the VIN numbers.

Dave, congrats to you and the misses. You two certainly deserve it. That's an absolutely gorgeous car!

Anyone that ever thinks online forums aren't productive NEEDS to read this thread! What a great "virtual" community.

Now get out there and enjoy that thing!

Bill

law107 said:
Break-in periods are in the manual that comes with the car.

If you are going to purchase a new C6, I suggest that you wait until at least the first 1000 come off the assembly line so G.M. has the defects/bugs repaired.
Because I have clients that work on the line at Bowling Greens, I get a discount Get your best price and I should be able to beat it by no less than five grand. Keep in mind that I am only limited to six and would not consider going down there until late October. I am also purchasing one also. Beside the discount. The other 6 WILL be hand picked on line via the VIN numbers.
Wow. Nice Offer law107. Thanks! I'm going to try to hold off as long as possible, to avoid double car payments. I've heard a lot of people express concern about the early production runs -- new engine type and all that. Looks nice, though!

- Dave

barnetdh said:
We haven't heard from ....... theblackvette yet. BV was on vacation, usually doesn't stray too far from his postings. I wonder how they did with hurricane Charley? Anybody heard?

-Dave

Hurricane Charlie surrendered when it ran into TBV. ;LOL

P.S. He's in Mass.

67HEAVEN said:
Hurricane Charlie surrendered when it ran into TBV. ;LOL

P.S. He's in Mass.

Either that or he is the hurricane himself! :D

Congrats

Congrats on the new vette. My next will be that color. Last I read you couldn't disclose the details. I hope it worked out in your favor.

ell1 said:
Dave,
Congradulation! well done.:)

Ed
Thanks, Ed! It was really hard to go to work today -- I wanted to play hookey, and just drive down the coast to Big Sur.

-Dave

ronman99vette said:
Congrats on the new vette. My next will be that color. Last I read you couldn't disclose the details. I hope it worked out in your favor.
As soon as I saw that blue convertible, it was time for a test drive!

Dave

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!!

I want to get a chainsaw and saw off my top!!!!!!!!! I miss the vert!!!!!

Nice vette!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barnetdh said:
There's nothing like theblackvette tradition!

- Dave and Demery

TBV is on vacation, and has a lousy Internet connection, so he can't be his usual post-until-you-drop self.

In the mean time, I think I'll change my screen name to
thebluevette
;LOL ;LOL

Still checking in!!!!!

I am still around! Checking in! Internet access is scarce! But I see your vette!!!!!!!!!!

It is awesome! I am still on my trip so I will try to check in again soon!

barnetdh said:
We haven't heard from Tom or theblackvette yet. BV was on vacation, usually doesn't stray too far from his postings. I wonder how they did with hurricane Charley? Anybody heard?

-Dave

barnetdh said:
TBV is on vacation, and has a lousy Internet connection, so he can't be his usual post-until-you-drop self.

In the mean time, I think I'll change my screen name to
thebluevette
;LOL ;LOL
Rob,

:BOWPlease, please, pretty please change barnetdh´s screen name to thebluevette

It is just so right... it need’s to be. :bar

Dave,

I felt the same way when I saw mine even though it's a 99, I love the Navy Blue Pearl and oak interior. I love a great ending to a sad story. I was kind of looking forward to driving up to the dealer......
:upthumbs :beer :cool :w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom