Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Do I need a new Key Fob?

Pegasus said:
If you are going to synch your fob (or a new fob) you need to be in the "fob learn" mode on the DIC. Needless to say you need the ignition on with engine not running. Check your owner's manual. It will give you the rundown. It may just turn out to be a bad fob and time for a new one.

I took my fob in to be tested and it is working. I guess the next step is to go back to the manual for a relearn. I'll let you know if it worked.

ZZRider said:
Mine has not worked for about a year. I get along fine.

Key in door:
one turn left = unlock driver
two turns left = unlocks driver and passenger door
three turns left = pops the rear hatch (on my coupe anyway)

I've been using the key method for the past two weeks but ultimately, I'm lazy as hell and just want the fob to work. What can I say?

OK All,
Here's the lastest on the key fob issue. I did the re-learn procedure exactly by the book. I got a horn indication that the fob was learning something and then the door locks locked and unlocked but the "Fob Learned" message never came up. I was able to use the fob to lock the doors while I was in the car but when I got out to lock up the fob no longer worked. I did the procedure twice. So, I'll try again after work and see what happens before I take it in or deal with it.

A fix for the year 2000 key fob!!

Villain said:
OK All,
Here's the lastest on the key fob issue. I did the re-learn procedure exactly by the book. I got a horn indication that the fob was learning something and then the door locks locked and unlocked but the "Fob Learned" message never came up. I was able to use the fob to lock the doors while I was in the car but when I got out to lock up the fob no longer worked. I did the procedure twice. So, I'll try again after work and see what happens before I take it in or deal with it.

The key fob saga is over. A member of another forum had the same problem with his key fob as I did. Attached is his findings and repair. Kudos to white90conv.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1550917117#post1550917117

Villain said:
The key fob saga is over. A member of another forum had the same problem with his key fob as I did. Attached is his findings and repair. Kudos to white90conv.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?p=1550917117#post1550917117

Hi Villain -

Cool - thank for the update -

Are the other posts talking about a non-passive fob unit? If it is a poassive unit, then the rectangular pad must be the battery contact point....

best regards -

mqqn

This is the non-passive unit. I think the passive ones were done with the '99 model.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom