Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Does anyone in the US have a C2 corvette like this?

kolsen911

Corvette
1965 roadster
I purchased this C2 roadster about 3 years ago. I owned a 65 about 50 years ago and this was so unique I couldn't turn it down. The family of the fellow who built it did contact me with a little info about their dad who built it.

So my question: has anyone in the U.S. built another one like it??

65 C2 with only about 55k miles. Flared fenders, Big block hood, 57 Chrysler 392 engine with dual Carter AFB's, Chrysler 4 spd trans ( I've replace this with a TREMEC 5 spd), Chrysler 8.75" solid rearend with stock drum brakes, (I've replaced the brakes with after market disc's and added a 4 link suspension). I also added a small rear ducktail during repaint and 17" wheels.
IMG_0743.JPG

Kent Olsen out in Oregon

kolsen911

Corvette
1965 roadster
Got a contact from a friend yesterday who has worked on old hotrod cars all his life and has a great memory of them.
Talked to him last night and he agreed that this is probably a one of a kind. I do have the history of the installation of the Chrysler running gear. The fellow that did it all's daughter and son contacted me with some information and a few pictures. Possibly could be worth an increased value, but I'll be giving my old cars to my kids and grandkids so the value is not what I'm interested in.

kolsen911

Corvette
1965 roadster
Well I've had this comment in here for nearly six months with no response. Guess that means there's not another similar car around. I was just curious. I'm not a Chrysler guy but I will say this old Hemi is a great cruiser. She just lopes along, you don't even have to downshift going up hills in 5th gear (overdrive).

I've done some tinkering to make things right in my eyes and ears. I will miss the warm summer months when I can run into town, go to a car show or just take her out for a drive.

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
I'm sorry I never saw this post before. An iron hemi in a C2 is truly unique, I've never seen one before. I had a Chrysler hemi with dual 4s in a 1947 Ford coupe. Owned it for 21 years before I sold it. I'd really like to see some engine compartment photos if you would.

I'm going to move this thread to the C2 Forum for more attention.

Tom

Last edited:

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Never heard of a old Hemi in a C2 street car, seems I remember one, back in the day that was a race car....might have been this one. ;shrug Kind of like Mike Finnegan (Hot Rod Garage fame) has the 55 Chevy with the Hemi in it.... he calls it BlaspHemi.

kolsen911

Corvette
1965 roadster
Here's some pics of the engine and rearend.

Attachments

• New Rear 1.JPG
    New Rear 1.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • Hemi in bed.JPG
    Hemi in bed.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
Your car is just too cool. Here's my 56 engine out of a 300 in my 47 Ford back in 1966. I also have those same air filters on my '59.

Tom
1635802797955.jpeg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom