Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Driving Lights

grestmit

Corvette
89 Coupe,Charcoal,92 Coupe,Black Rose Mat.
Has anyone ever turned the driving lights into the main head lights? I always like to modify or customize some car at one time or another. I have been thinking about filling in the pop ups and changing the driving lights over. So, any opinions out there?I would like to read them.:lou

Has anyone ever turned the driving lights into the main head lights? I always like to modify or customize some car at one time or another. I have been thinking about filling in the pop ups and changing the driving lights over. So, any opinions out there?I would like to read them.:lou

100-253.2.jpg

I've seen fixed lights like above before....

But I think you are leaning this way... albeit with a C4-

2f91_12.JPG

Yea, kind of like the C3 you showed but in the confines of the C4 driving light dimensions. Back in 1994 the Olds Cutlass convertible had a head light assembly that was no more than two inches in height. I was thinking of using those in a custom setup. I would need the L and R,Inner and Outer assemblies to do it. The lights are 2.2 inches in height and aprox. 4.5" wide per light and a little custom work.

What I'm thinking about is not on top of the nose, but where the driving/fog lights are located. I want to set head lights there. You will have to see this in your minds eye. I am guessing no one has done this the way i am discribing it.

I can picture what you're talking about. I've just never seen it done.

i did headlites in the grille of a c3, years ago, ''quad'' halogens....BIG mistake...the slightest dips in the road, ones that were never even noticed before, stop the beam, like momentarily having the lights go ''off''...check local /state regs also, many have minimum height reqd, LEO's are aware and levy tax on non-conformers.

I replaced the puny bulb in my driving lights on my 89 with 55 watt halogen bulbs but like already pointed out they are illegal if you don't have the conventional headlights.
The 55 watt halogen makes the light into more than just an ornament

I did the same thing when I first got the car,and it did make it brighter. I just thought it be nicer to have a brighter one like the newer cars running around now days. We bought a new HHR, and that has very bright driving/fog lights on it. They are more than bright enough to drive around at night with those alone. I still might install lights from the 94 Cutlass Convertible. I just think it would look good.

grestmit....go for it, I think it would be a cool look, always though that the driving lights should be as bright as the regular ones...if you do let me know how it worked and the parts you needed...I put brighter blues in mine for now and hope to replace the regular ones with projector lens and bright blue HID....

Hrtbeat1 had those on his 90 before its' unfortunate demise. I'm sure he can help you out.

They are from Breathless. The conversion took about twenty minutes. Four nuts on either side and three wire taps. Aiming them took some time, adjust, close hood, check, open hood, adjust, ect. The difference is night and day when compared to stock, and I think even better than the Hellas.

Here is a link

scroll down the page for the C4 lights.

:w

:pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom