Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Easier Replacement

socor7

Corvette
1976 White with red Int 4 speed
It is easier to replaced the quarter panel or the fender to the center of the head light, as I have it now I would have to do some fiberglass work around the nose, but if I replace it at the headlight half way point and use a full fender then I would have zero fiberglass work. Is there a website or does some one have the location of all the bonding strips as I don't think there is on half way though the head light.

Thanks for all the help if you need pics I can put them up. the top cracks are the ones I would have to fiberglass as the quarter panel is the lower crack.

Thanks,

Drew

145667748_26fb307c52_m.jpg

I may be wrong on this, but I think I've seen in the parts books that the upper portion of the fender is a complete upper. (top of both fenders, front around both headlamps, one piece) Yours dosen't look too bad. For me it would be easier to just replace the lower portion of the fender(that is allready off), and repair the small portion of the upper. If you try to replace just half of the upper like I did, you will still have to do some glass work at the joining point by the headlamps or center of the frontView attachment 10643.
Aaron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom