Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Eastwood Steering Wheel Repair Product

dennisb

Corvette
2007 White Vert, 72 Red Cpe. 66 Sunfire Yellow Ver
Has anyone ever used the Eastwood steering wheel repair product to fix cracks in a C1 steering wheel? I found a previous post of someone who was going to try it but it seems he is no longer a member, at least under that ID.

I'm interested in how it went and if it was worth it. I'm not too concerned about the grain effect. I just want to fix cracks. I'm also interested in what type paint of paint was used. acrylic enamel, urethane, etc.

Thanks

dennisb said:
Has anyone ever used the Eastwood steering wheel repair product to fix cracks in a C1 steering wheel? I found a previous post of someone who was going to try it but it seems he is no longer a member, at least under that ID.

I'm interested in how it went and if it was worth it. I'm not too concerned about the grain effect. I just want to fix cracks. I'm also interested in what type paint of paint was used. acrylic enamel, urethane, etc.

Thanks

Been there, done that, with the steering wheel repair kit. It's a two part epoxy, and remains workable long enough so that you can mold the material into , and around the wheel. Another fun thing is that it doesn't sag even before it sets. I would highly recommend it for any, and all repairs ( except for wood wheels ) to plastic wheels. It can be painted with any popular refinishing products. You might also consider purchasing their How-To book on steering wheel repair

Stepinwolf

stepinwolf said:
Been there, done that, with the steering wheel repair kit. It's a two part epoxy, and remains workable long enough so that you can mold the material into , and around the wheel. Another fun thing is that it doesn't sag even before it sets. I would highly recommend it for any, and all repairs ( except for wood wheels ) to plastic wheels. It can be painted with any popular refinishing products. You might also consider purchasing their How-To book on steering wheel repair

Stepinwolf
Sounds encouraging. With repo wheels and/or professional restoration costing in excess of $400.00 it is very tempting to try it. What type of paint did you use? Acrylic enamel? Urethane?

dennisb said:
Sounds encouraging. With repo wheels and/or professional restoration costing in excess of $400.00 it is very tempting to try it. What type of paint did you use? Acrylic enamel? Urethane?

On most of them I used acrylic enamel, with good results. I also did some with base/clear, and it worked out very well also.

Stepinwolf

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom