Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Ecklers Vats By-pass

Stonecold C-4

Corvette
1993 LT-1 Torch Red Coupe automatic
I posted in another thread that the VATS system had shut my Vette down, so I've been looking at getting rid of the system. I found this VATS by-pass plug in from Ecklers and wonder has anybody else used it and what you guys and gals think of it. If it really works I want one it's cheap and a easy install, and I have seen on youtube where you can build your own for 5 bucks, but hey for 26 bucks I'm in. I like simple fixes so if I can purchase, install and drive I'm happy, plus I like the idea of my wife and daughter driving the Vette while I'm away in ND. working with no worries. :)

Attachments

• A9133-5.jpg
    A9133-5.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 110
I have no experience with this product.

I read their explanation and see no reason why this would not be a good solution to your problem.

I have owned three (3) C4s and have never had an issue with VATS. But, all of my Vettes were purchased new, so that might be one of the reasons for my success. ;)

What I am saying is on an older Vette (Can you believe a 95 or 96 is considered old, now? Where does the time go?) with multiple owners, some things just go haywire.

I also like plug-and-play solutions.

Go for it!

While driving your Vette, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

I have no experience with this product.

I read their explanation and see no reason why this would not be a good solution to your problem.

I have owned three (3) C4s and have never had an issue with VATS. But, all of my Vettes were purchased new, so that might be one of the reasons for my success. ;)

What I am saying is on an older Vette (Can you believe a 95 or 96 is considered old, now? Where does the time go?) with multiple owners, some things just go haywire.

I also like plug-and-play solutions.

Go for it!

While driving your Vette, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w
Your post makes sense with the new verse used purchase, I would think that these have been tested since Ecklers is selling this product, so I'll get one my next time home and post on the results. On the 95 being old lol. yea I just shake my head sometime and wonder where did it go. Thanks LT4

Any store which cuts keys (locksmith, Ace Hardware etc.) should be able to read the resistance in your pellet.

They need a small machine which they hook up to your key.

While cruising in your Vette, please be sure to SAVE the WAVE! :w

Only works if you have a key reading problem ;If your problem is with the VATS unit itself ( or it's wiring ) it will solve little Your key has a resistor pellet of a certain value ( a value that you need to know before buying the Ecklers unit ) that needs to be seen and read correctly by the VATS unit in order for it to allow the engine to start. Dirty / worn key or the contacts in the Ign switch that read it are usual causes of VATS faults
Vettoz's comments are right on. I've seen more issues with the starter enable relay than contact issues with the keys. The name VATS bypass is very misleading.

Thanks all for the replies and info, yep Ecklers has 1 through 15 give them the reading and they're ready to get you the correct plug-in. But as stated by TedC there are 3 areas that need to be covered 1) key 2) starter 3) fuel. So
I'm looking into a reflash which as I've been told will delete all three areas I'll post that info in a new thread.

Vats bypass

The PO installed one in my vert. It works great. There are times when the car doesn't recognize the correct resistance in the chip in the key. Then you can bypass the chip and you're golden.

Go for it!

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom