Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Eliminator Pipes??

GS Diva

Moderator,
Corvette
2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06
I ordered a set of eliminator pipes for my 88 and have been hemming and hawing about whether or not to put them on!! Need your advice! The purpose of doing this is to get a more "throaty" sound, but I've had people tell me it will be too loud. Your thoughts?

Also, a concern of mine is how would this affect the emission test the cars here have to go through every other year?

Thanks in advance...

Lemon Peel aka Elaine

Elaine, you are talking about the "muffler" eliminator exhaust, right? If that's the case, it won't affect emissions at all, but it will be much louder. ;)

Just to update everyone...I did have the eliminator pipes put on today, and what a sound they make! Just what I was looking for!!! Thanks to all of you who convinced me to do this! Hubby picked it up today with a friend of ours who has a 93 Anniversary coupe. Our friend was so impressed with the sound that he's doing the same thing with his 93...so you helped two of us!!

Lemon Peel aka Elaine

sleepyhead said:
Where'd you order them from, Elaine? Sounds interesting - I might like to check 'em out too!

:)

Thanks!

-J.

I ordered them from Mid-America...I think they were about $129.95. They sure sound good!!

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom