Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

EMT Tires

Norseman

Corvette
2006 Blue Z51 Coupe/2004 STi for the snow.
Does anyone know if it's a big deal to change your EMT F-1 Supercar tires for a set of regular GoodYears. Does something have to be disabled or will one get warning lights etc. Also can any Goodyear dealer or Chevy dealership do this.

I didn't realize that the pressure sensors worked with regular tires, I thought that they just worked with the run flat tires. So I guess you are saying that they work with all type tires. Thanks for the feed back Mr. Goodwrench!:)

I just replaced the Supercars with regular EMT GSs. I placed the sensors in the same positions they were in with the old tires, and didn't have to have them recalibrated.

Curious - My to be built 06 has the F1 SC EMT with the Z51. Have there been issues with this tire?

The Drakester said:
Curious - My to be built 06 has the F1 SC EMT with the Z51. Have there been issues with this tire?

No - I think they are good tires. They are soft, and the life isn't what the regular EMT GS is, but that's to be expected. My only "problem" was poor tracking/hydroplaning in medium/heavy rain. (We drive a LOT in the Summer - so that IS a problem)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom