Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Engine Pull / 07 Winter Project Update

91-Vetteman

Corvette
1991 Blue Coupe
I took advantage of the 70 degree temps in VA this weekend (sorry midwest !!) and cleaned all my engine components and also got allot of painting accomplished. After much debate, I went with the GM med blue on the block. Next step is to pull the balancer, replace timing chain cover with a new chrome one. My new custom made valve covers just arrived, I will get a pic of them later. Following valve cover replacement, I will start putting the remaining parts back on the engine block, headers, plugs, wires, pulleys, pumps, etc. I have not touched the engine compartment yet, waiting for another long weekend to jump into that! More pics to follow !!
I am really enjoying this Tim Allen stuff !! aaaargh !!!

Lookin' good John! Don't let too much dust settle on that baby. Git-R-Done!
When you do, plan a trip down here and two ol' patrons from the "Mermaid Lounge" can swap sea stories. Enjoy your labor of love.

Mike :pat

Nice.. :upthumbs

:w
-Stefan

Looks great, John!

post up some more pics of the before and after of the engine bay.

keep up the good work!!!!!!:upthumbs

Good therapy for sure! I did mine last winter and had a good time, you have to be careful it doesn't turn into one of those "and while I'm at it I might as well...." deals, you can find yourself at the back bumper!

Good luck:D Bill

Hi Bill, this winter project started out as fix the radiator leak, then it was replace water pump, replace the timing chain cover, then valve cover, then headers, then . . . . . pull the engine. After I had pics of the engine pull, I got several suggestions of cam and crank and valve work to do !! It is very much like doing an upgrade in your kitchen, upgrade the appliances, then the countertop looks lousy, upgrade the countertop, then the cabinets look crappy, update the cabinets, then the floor needs replacing . . . . .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom