Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: (EVENTS)Callaway Owners & Enthusiasts, register now for the NCM C4 Gathering...

*89x2*

Fellow Callaway owners and enthusiasts, please take a look at our EVENTS PAGE at www.callawayownersgroup.com and see what we have in store for 2008.

One event in particular that has opened its registration, is the C4 Gathering at the National Corvette Museum :cool

We had such an awesome time there last year, let's plan on getting together again! :w

The focus of the NCM Gatheirng for 2008, includes Corvette Challenge cars amongst the celebrated C4s on display :v

Other things to consider, is if you have not lined up your passport for the October event in Canada, I urge you to plan ahead, as it can take a few months to get the paperwork finalized for foreign travels :W

Again, all the event details are in the EVENTS TAB at the Callaway Owners Group website - check them out!!!

See you in Bowling Green :w

Chris,
How about the C5/C6 Reunion at the Museum in April for us new Callaway owners? Anything happening?
Jim:)

That is a great event!

Jim, in years past, some of us have attended. However, officially as a group, we have not had that particular show on our list. With the event solely hosted by the C5/C6 Registry, the NCM has not asked for a co-chair like they have at the C4 based event. :cool

That is not to say that in the next few weeks, something could change ;)

Folks, this e-vite was extended to COG folks :w

To: GSR Members and Invited Guests

Re: NCM Gathering & Tail of the Dragon trip

Greetings, Grand Sport & all you other Corvette People!

We've been hinting about something very special we've lined up to immediately follow this year's NCM Gathering event in May and the time has come to announce it... we're going to do the Tail of the Dragon!

For those that don't know, Tail of the Dragon is the country's premiere sports car and motorcycle road of choice. Located along the North Carolina and Tennessee border, this section of US Highway 129 is 11 miles long and consists of 318 curves! You and your car will twist and contort like you never have before! It is a blast to do at any time but can you just imagine a line of blue cars all in a row on those insane curves. That white stripe will never look better. You can get more info on the road at www.tailofthedragon.com and there are numerous in-car videos available at www.youtube.com, as well. The road is all paved and in excellent condition as it weaves up and down the mountain. Even at the posted speed limit of 30mph, you'll feel like you are flying. It is an experience you and your Grand Sport should not miss!

We have made arrangements with the Tapoco Lodge (www.tapocolodge.com) near the base of the "Tail" for all of those members wanting to join us as we experience one of the greatest roads in America.

getmsg

We plan to leave as a group from Bowling Green early on Sunday morning, May 11. For those of you who aren't aware, this is Mother's Day and Hutch is going to owe me big time for having to get up early. All of you other mothers out there, and I mean that in the nicest way, be sure to take advantage of this for all it's worth. We will travel to the Tapoco lodge via the scenic Cherohala Skyway (I call it the "CHIHOOAHOOA") and should arrive at Tapoco early in the afternoon. After checking in at the lodge, feel free to tackle the "Tail" or any of the other great roads in the area. We will meet back at the lodge at 5:30 p.m. for an outside BBQ with all the fixin’s, bench racing, and chit-chat.

Monday morning will be another early one since we want to get a few runs in on the "Tail" before the traffic builds up. We have all morning to explore the area and then will meet back at the lodge for a box lunch picnic. Afterwards, some members will be leaving to return home. I would like to encourage all of you to stay a second night at the Lodge if you wish. There is definitely a lot to do in the area and the people who work at the lodge have been extremely helpful in putting this event together for us. They would be happy to suggest other local areas of interest to you, too.

If you are interested in traveling with us, please check out the Tapoco website at www.Tapocolodge.com. This Smoky Mountain resort is rustic but clean, quite comfortable, and the perfect setting for our event. The resort is small, with 18 cabin rooms and a few more rooms in the lodge building, so we highly recommend you make your reservations NOW before they fill up! There are three types of rooms. Each of the cabin rooms have a separate entrance, private bath and most of them have their own screened porch. There are two types of rooms inside the lodge. Some have private baths and others have a public bath down the hallway.

Get your reservations now! The lodge is closed this time of year so after you have decided what type of room you want, please email Marcia at info@tapocolodge.com with your name, phone number and the best time you may be reached. She will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm your reservation. There will be a non-refundable $25.00 charge to your credit card sometime in March when they reopen the lodge. This charge will be applied towards your room charge if you attend.

The Tapoco Lodge room rates are as follows:

Cabin (recommended) or Lodge Rooms:
Each with private bath, most cabins have private porch
$109 + 15% tax/fees per night, single or double occupancy
Add $28.75 for each additional person after 2 (4 adults max per room)

Economy Rooms:
4 lodge rooms which share 2 bathrooms
$75 + 15% tax/fees
The BBQ on Sunday night will be extra (~ $15 per person) plus a small charge for the box lunch on Monday.

Accommodations are limited at Tapoco, but we have opened up this event to non-GSR members who might like to join us so we can try to fill the place up. Even so, we encourage you to make your Tapoco Lodge reservations RIGHT NOW!

This should be a lot of fun and a chance to get our cars out on some fantastic roads and enjoy some beautiful scenery. We are really looking forward to it and hope you can all come!! Please email me if you have any questions.

Please let Hutch or I know as soon as possible if you are coming so we can add you to our attendance list.

Don't forget to REGISTER for the NCM Gathering (8-10 May) at www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/gathering/info.shtml

Hope you can join us! J

Patti Hutchinson
Vettevixen@yahoo.com
Cell: 407-256-1335

John “Hutch” Hutchinson
hutch@hashmarks.com
Cell: 407-810-5519

\\ GrandSportRegistry.com
"A Legend Reborn!"
The GSR is a Lifetime NCM Business Member

Fellow Callaway owners and enthusiasts, please take a look at our EVENTS PAGE at www.callawayownersgroup.com and see what we have in store for 2008.

One event in particular that has opened its registration, is the C4 Gathering at the National Corvette Museum :cool

We had such an awesome time there last year, let's plan on getting together again! :w

The focus of the NCM Gatheirng for 2008, includes Corvette Challenge cars amongst the celebrated C4s on display :v

Other things to consider, is if you have not lined up your passport for the October event in Canada, I urge you to plan ahead, as it can take a few months to get the paperwork finalized for foreign travels :W

Again, all the event details are in the EVENTS TAB at the Callaway Owners Group website - check them out!!!

See you in Bowling Green :w

Folks, the NCM has asked we push this event and be sure to help spread the word :upthumbs See you there in May!!!

• Drag Racing
  • Tail of the Dragon Tour
  • Seminars
  • Corvette Challenge stuff
  • FUN FUN FUN!!!

What hotel are you staying at??? I have not booked my hotel, but was thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn, U-plaza :w
Holiday Inn-----The same as last year. It seems like this is the place where most people stay at.

• Tail of the Dragon Tour
Where'd this come from? Isn't that quite far from the NCM? I didn't notice it on the agenda. :)

How many of you all are drag racing? I hope a lot! Or at least some! Not many people get to see a Callaway Corvette at all, let alone one run hard for 1320'. So I hope some of you will come out and share the thrill!

I DON'T NEED ANY MORE DAMAGED EQUIPMENT.

That's right - your mirror did get flopped off - Someone visiting the NCM busted it and didn't have the stones to say so :eyerole :mad

Where'd this come from? Isn't that quite far from the NCM? I didn't notice it on the agenda. :)

How many of you all are drag racing? I hope a lot! Or at least some! Not many people get to see a Callaway Corvette at all, let alone one run hard for 1320'. So I hope some of you will come out and share the thrill!

Bob, Hutch, from the GS Group invited anyone on the "Dragon" run. I have no idea how far it is, but passed along the word.

Hopefully a Callaway or three will jump on the 1,320' :lou

Bob, Hutch, from the GS Group invited anyone on the "Dragon" run. I have no idea how far it is, but passed along the word.

Hopefully a Callaway or three will jump on the 1,320' :lou
Ah I see... I guess I didn't really read the opening post very closely, I figured it was the standard NCM stuff... :eek: Looks pretty fun, though I'm not sure we can take the time off to do that. Mapquesting it shows the hotel is a couple hours closer to home, so at least it shortens the drive a bit. I'll keep it in mind.

Folks, please note that the EARLY REGISTRATION CLOSES on April 27th :w

...not sure what FRIDAY is all about, as the 27th is tomorrow (Sunday) :confused
NCM Website said:
You may register two people but information must be entered separately-only one name to a field.

To register a second person, check the ‘add a guest' button at the bottom of the registration form
Registration fees subject to verification of membership status
Event Credential is printed according to how you enter the information
Use upper and lower case type as you fill in information so your name is printed with the correct characters
Early-registration before April 27, 2008 ( 5:00 CT ) includes:

Admission to the NCM during the event
Seminars
Free Road Tours
Custom Event credential - Shows each activity registered for.
Commemorative dash plaque
Early-registration closes at 5pm CT Friday, April 27, 2008. All cancellations will be charged a $5 processing fee. Only On-site registration is available after online closes.

On-site registration opens at 1:00pm May 7.
On-site registration includes:
Avery style event badge/plastic holder
Admission to the Museum during the Event
Access to Event seminars and free road tours
On-site registrants do not receive custom NCM lanyard, personalized nametag, or dash plaque

I am officially registered!!!! :w

Probably about 3 1/2 hours away, so that'd definitely be a full day of driving to go do it and return in the same day.

I'm planning to atleast come up and hang out for awhile during the weekend, not sure if I'll be staying the night anywhere or not.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom