Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust To Manifold Bolts

Emtmike

Corvette
1981 Biege & Dark Bronze Coupe
I'm changing my entire exhaust system, and need some help with the bolts that hold the system to the manifold :confused. Mine are sort of rusted since it's the original system and I will try not to break them if I don't have to :eek:hnoes. I also sprayed them heavy with Liquid Wrench to help break them free. I was wondering if these 3 bolts are compression bolts since the top seemed flat. Let me know if these can be bought, and where. :thumb

Mike,are you referring to the bolts that hod the manifold to the heads??
or to the exhaust pipes?

Mike,are you referring to the bolts that hod the manifold to the heads??
or to the exhaust pipes?

The three bolts on the manifold that the exhaust pipes bolt to.

They are probably not worth saving. They are just bolts, replace them from the hardware store. If you want to be cool, spent a couple of extra bucks and go with stainless.

God bless, Sensei

They are probably not worth saving. They are just bolts, replace them from the hardware store. If you want to be cool, spent a couple of extra bucks and go with stainless.

God bless, Sensei

Thanks for the info Sensei, but I was able to get them off with alittle tander loving care :cool. These bolts are not the regular kind that you drop in from the top, but thread into the exhaust manifold. I'll send pictures of the finished product when it's complete :thumb

Mine came off relatively easy,I think I broke 1 but took the manifold off and took all 3 out ran a tap thru the threads and put stainless studs back in.
good luck,Mike!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom