Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally!

MR. T.

Corvette
1977 Light Blue
After three years of looking I have put a deposit on my 1st. Corvette.:) I always though I wanted an 78 - 82 but I fell in love with the "notch" backs a couple of years ago. I located a 77 light blue L82 the the fellow has owned from 1982, worked at the dealership where it originally came from. It is in excellent condition, the paint is almost flawless, the interior shows a bit of age, but is useable for now. Will likley need new door panels and seat backs in the next while, but I want to drive it awhile and fall in love! The underside of the car is unbelievable, it looks like it came from the show room, and undr the hood very clean. He has installed header and a true dual system. As well he has had a shift kit professionally installed int eh automatice. You can tell that he took care of this vehicle. The car unfortunatley does not have air, but it only worked in about 5% of all the cars I looked at. The car has 85,000 miles on it. The questions I have are as follows;
Apparenlty it needs rear lower control arm busings on the right side to pass safety, is this something that can be done at home with hand tools?
The tach does not work, he was tols a "filter" but I understand the board may be the culprit?
The clock just quite in the last month or so, is it repairable and is it worth while.
Head lights come up with the under dash switch, but are they supposed to come up when you pull the headlights on?

Thanks for the anticipated responses and I will see about getting some pics up when I pick it up later this week.

Head lights should work from the switch. Vacuum problem- get a diagnosis/help chart from Doc Rebuild.
Tach could very well be the filter. common problem.
rear trailing arm bushing can be done at home. Lots of work, but they can be done. Maybe need to take them to a machine shop to get the bushings pressed out and back in. If the bolts are rusted (very common) you'll need a sawzall and some good blades.

If you really want A/C, look at Classic Auto Air. I just got their kit for my 74 coupe and I'm really impressed with the quality. By-product of the kit is a new heater core and a fan that will pressurize the interior to 18,000 feet. ( j/k, but it is more effective than the stock fan.

congrats on the vette!!!!!:thumb
hope you enjoy it!!!!:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom