Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Corvette a Crisis.

FlagCraig

Corvette
2003 Anniversary Edition Coupe
This is a great site and very enjoyable to use and read. I have already learned quite a bit.

Just bought my first Corvette at 47. My wife calls it a crisis. My kids call it awesome. I call it cool. It's a 2003 Anniversary Edition Coupe in Anniversary colors. I used to own high powered mopars in my younger years but this takes car ownership to a whole new level.
Question: I got dual roofs in the purchase and need to find a padded cover for one of the roofs while in storage. I looked on some of the parts and accessories sites and have not been able to find one to purchase. Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

It is not a crisis, it is a culmination, a state of exaltation and sublimity :D

According to dictionary.com, all of those are synonyms for one of the meanings of crisis.

Welcome. The AE is a beautiful car.

Tammy

welcome to the club, i was 66 when i got my z06, great fun is it not. my wife was so impressed she got her 2001 conv. at 61. this spring we are both going to drive autocrosss at gateway international raceway. be safe and drive with the wind. :) :) :) :) :) :) Billy

Just bought my first Corvette at 47. My wife calls it a crisis. My kids call it awesome. I call it cool.
I just got my first Vette at 54 (last weekend). Enjoy the ride! You might try Mid America or Corvette America for the cover you are looking for. It isn't a crisis, it is an experience and a great one at that. As was told to me in the last few days, welcome to the C5 family.

Tight jeans.....shirt open to the navel....gold chains...and parking at the local Dairy Queen on Saturday night with the young crowd amidst the imports.......that......would be a crisis.

Dressed appropriately....tooling down the road in your new vette.......that's .......the American Dream.

Many, many people (both younger and older) would like to trade places with you. You've arrived :)....enjoy it.

Welcome to the fold :)

....a High Priest will be contacting you shortly...[<wispers to someone in the background>....you did tell him about the blood ritual...right?]....er.....doesn't matter....just keep some alcohol and a small roll of bandage in the glove box till we get back to you...

Congrats::::::: Most of us old Geezers can finally afford a Vette now that the Kids are finally out of our wallets. God after paying tutition from Kindergarden thru College for two or three kids its about time to spend some on yourself...That my Friend is not considered a Crisis:beer

That's so right...

Congrats::::::: Most of us old Geezers can finally afford a Vette now that the Kids are finally out of our wallets. God after paying tutition from Kindergarden thru College for two or three kids its about time to spend some on yourself...That my Friend is not considered a Crisis:beer

:Twist You have finnaly arrived on your journey, young grasshopper. I salute you on your dream. We have all been there...kids and poor cash flow.;worship

LT (55 and alive!)

got mine at 51, make your moves and don't look back. congratulations!

My parents seem to prefer calling my Z an obsession.

They dont understand why i clean it constantly, like it was some kind of Sedan that i could drag through dirt every day and clean only once every 2 years.

People just dont understand, but we all know that theres nothing wrong with us right? :eyerole

I bought my first Vette 30 years ago and my wife then thought it was a crisis. She just didn't get it. That's why she is my EX.

Hey Craig where are you located in TN? There's a few of us around the Nashville area.

Welcome and you are correct, this is a great site, I've had Vette's since 1972, I have two right now and this site is a huge help........

I bought my first Vette 30 years ago and my wife then thought it was a crisis. She just didn't get it. That's why she is my EX.
;LOL Hey 39 years ago I traded my 1966 Corvette coupe to marry some (I'll be kind) "Lady"..........MISTAKE !!!!......EX-Vette....then EX-wife. I still kick myself in the ass for doing Both.....It took me almost 40 years to get back in a Corvette.
When I think about all that I get :puke

OK....I'm sure some of you will want to steal my wife with this one. At 50 my wife said to me....You have wanted a Corvette since you were 17..are you going to wait till you won't be able to drive it? Gotta love a wife like this!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom