Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Hijinx and Bullitt

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
Here are some mounting pics.

I used a aluminum plate cut down to 6.5" x 4", then bent it in kind of a z shape and bolted it through the core support. My buddy Dave (TZRACER) used some angle iron aluminum and ran it across the top on his 71 BB with the same exact radiator.

I had to custom mount the upper radiator hose. Dave did not do anything to his. He reused the original upper hose, as he has a stock style set of pulleys and belts on his BB.

Another view

Note-on the bottom mount, just reuse your original. I cut down a 5/8" heater hose to make my own rubber cushion and riveted it to the lower mounts. This radiator is wider at the bottom than you small stock one, but you can still drop it in the two lower mounts. If those are rusted away, you can build a pair out of some aluminum flat bar.

Hope this helps!

I don't know what those little white specs are in the photo. sorry about that, it is making it hard to see the photo.

Thanks for the pics Chris. I need to get some other things sorted out, so this will have to wait a bit. I need to get the old parts off and will probably end up selling them. I was thinking of polishing up the radiator real nice before I dropped her in, too.

--Bullitt

Thanks, Chris. I will print out the pic's tomorrow. Good info. I hope I have not boned up on the Ebay deal. Got an email from the guy selling it and he wants an extra $20 for some re-powdercoating on the runners. Told him thanks for the recoating but to stick to his selling price and ship the stuff to me. I sure hope this doesnt get nasty. I would hate to have to go up to Canada and get my stuff!:r

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom