Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! Forum Software Upgrade

I've been jetting around the forum a lot now (as usual for the most part) and I can't recall in the past week or so getting any 404's. You might want to delete/empty your browser's cache files and/or cookies.

E - Jet around all ya want, 404's r 4 real!
No doubt, and I don't doubt you're occasionally getting them. The point I was making is that it's likely NOT the forum software causing the issue as much as it's probably your browser cache or something else on your end.

It's OK. I get the same argument at work from people that don't reboot their computer for days/weeks at a time. "Well, I shouldn't have too!" "Yeah, but you do. Life sucks. Reboot your computer."
*waits a couple of minutes*

"Well, I'll be damned, it's working now!"
"Yeah. This is my surprised look...;squint:..."

new........................................................billy

having a little trouble so far, a little user friendly soon, will help.......................................................billy:):)

It has everything to do with this site. I do reboot and have no issues anywhere else. If I had to clear cache I would have problems other places also. Never have I had clearing cookies/cache help with a problem like this.Ends up being fixed on the other end.
It only took 8 tries to get back in this thread.:mad
It is not a browser error I get it is a server error.

Glenn

new

Having a little trouble so far, hope this will change soon..........................Billy:)

No doubt, and I don't doubt you're occasionally getting them. The point I was making is that it's likely NOT the forum software causing the issue as much as it's probably your browser cache or something else on your end.

It's OK. I get the same argument at work from people that don't reboot their computer for days/weeks at a time. "Well, I shouldn't have too!" "Yeah, but you do. Life sucks. Reboot your computer."
*waits a couple of minutes*

"Well, I'll be damned, it's working now!"
"Yeah. This is my surprised look...;squint:..."

Sorry, Evo. I just did what you said, cleared cookies and everything and still got the 404 error. Just as before, the page loaded and then when it tried to load the ad portion of the page I got kicked to 404.

when it tried to load the ad portion of the page I got kicked to 404.
Interesting...I'm using both Firefox and IE and I've yet to get a 404 anywhere on the site. And that also includes using multiple computers.
I'll let Rob know in case he's not had a chance to see the new posts in this thread.

What ads are you referring to? For example, when I view this thread, I don't see any ads. Do a lot of you getting the 404's go in via the homepage or the forum main page? I almost exclusively jump right into the threads via email hyperlinks.

:w everyone :D

Andre' I use
PHP:
www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums
for my entrance into the Corvette Action Center. It brings me right to the logon page for the Forums.

I got the 404 error ONCE a couple of days ago, but haven't since then ;shrug but I attributed that to the computer problems I was having then :mad

Oh and by the way, THANKS for the suggestions getting the magic box running smoother, for now it seems to be working fine, but I still plan to get one of them Lenovo's when they go on sale ;) it's time to retire the old beast here... going on 9 or 10 years now... I think that is OLD for a Computer :chuckle (Kind of like hitting 40 :chuckle :chuckle )

Bud

Interesting...I'm using both Firefox and IE and I've yet to get a 404 anywhere on the site. And that also includes using multiple computers.
I'll let Rob know in case he's not had a chance to see the new posts in this thread.

What ads are you referring to? For example, when I view this thread, I don't see any ads. Do a lot of you getting the 404's go in via the homepage or the forum main page? I almost exclusively jump right into the threads via email hyperlinks.

Andre I go the forums directly as well, or to my user control panel but I do get the ads on the forums page. It exists just above the first post in the thread and it's a banner. The current one was for xlr-net.com (since I see that one, it's probably not the culprit)

I must be lucky. I've yet to hit a 404 on the new upgrade. :)

-Mac

I'll get use to the whole thing in a few years ,just in time for the next up grade :D

I can live with what ever .I do get the 404 message also.

The 404 errors have nothing to do with the software upgrade and have everything to do with one of the ads that Google is running. I've already placed a complaint with them so there's not much more I can do.

The search still sucks. You have to search through the whole forum instead of being able to search in each department.

It is different. I have yet to encounter any 404 error messages though. Lot of work you have done here. Thanks for the effort and hours.

The search still sucks. You have to search through the whole forum instead of being able to search in each department.
What do you mean by "department"?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom