Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front-end Design

We finally got rid of the pop-ups, don't bring them back. Overall I really like the C6 but I would like to see a more aggressive look to the front end as others have stated. And a better implementation to the front license plate bracket. But I would rather see the individual state requirements for a front plate go away instead. This would allow the auto makers more design leeway when designing.

Leon

Some states just don't think that we give them enough money at tax time
but,thats just my opinion since I came from a one plate state (Pennsylvania) to a two plate state(ohio).Any way as per the popup lights yes,I'm glad there gone and yes the C6 has alot of class.Keep up the good workG.M. but,bring back Lemans blue boy do heads turn when my vette drives by and I assure you it's mot me it's the vette. L.Lake (LITLZO6)

I just had to say "I like ALL Corvette's", even the C6's, although I would not buy one. My first Corvette was a '63 cpe, I was 19 yrs old. My second came in '01 and was a '77 cpe. In '03 I purchased my Z06. All of my Corvette's had hidden headlights and that's the way I like them. If GM were to come out with hidden headlights in the future I might consider getting one. If not, it looks like I'm staying with my '03.

The best.

Nothing, I say again, nothing they do or can come up with will ever surpass or can improve on the body work of the C6; it is the perfect corvette, the ultimate corvette, it is my corvette. :upthumbs

Don"t get me wrong I also like all corvettes but since this is the first one that I have ever owned, this is my generation (C6) and I love it. L.Lake(LITLZO6)

If you go back through the generations (even within some of the gens) the changes are dramatic! I feel sure there have been many people p***ed or disgusted with every change.

But after you see a new car for a while you will get used to the shape, and if that shape is associated with incredible performance, it will likely become a positive association.

I have owned other generations (still love the look of the last generation Z06), and used to think I really, REALLY liked several specific types of early gen Corvettes. By now, they mostly seem kinda' passe--OK looking, but just not enough function.

When the 9th gen. Corvettes come out, people will be moaning about how terrible they look and how the 6th gen cars looked so much better (but they will buy the new ones for great performance, and get used to the look.

In summary, I think that looks are maybe most important when buying older cars--we buy the new ones for what they do, not how they look.

Gersh

fangs

How bout a couple of fangs in the smile. Maybe that will make you C-6 haters happy.:)

as far as my 2cents goes, i'm not love with the c-6, my wife was behind me on a recent trip and it look so mean andlow slung it looked so cool i could not beleave it. the c-6 would look like a smiling big eyed bug. the side scoup is much more flowing on c-5's and looks right. i know you c-6 people paid a lot for your vette and should be proud of them, happy driving and be safe.;););););););););););););););););););););););););););)Billy

Never said I didn't like the C-5. Looks mean, and low, especially in blue.:) I just happen to think that the C-6 looks better. :cool:cool:cool. I know it runs and handles better.:Steer

This posting makes no sense to me. Here, we've got numerous Corvette enthusiasts who are squabbling over the design of the C5 and C6. What difference does it matter? Some like the exposed headlights, some like the flip ups. What does matter is we all like Corvette's or we wouldn't be on this website. Every generation of Corvette was unique with the following generation having upgrades. It's going to be this way for a long time. Get used to it people.

Chill out, bwing; I don't think anyone has been mad or rude about this subject.
Just expressing opinions; save the wave.:w

Ok, my apologies. Maybe I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. I'll try to take a more neutral stance in the future. haha

I agree with you bwing.I mean ,I love my c6 and when the c7 comes along
I'll wonder what posessed those nuts at G.M. to make all those changes and
I won't like them at first but,like all humans(except for those that there is no
help for) I'll mellow as time goes on and next thing, I'll be in love with the damn thing. By the way, what do you think of the new color of blue G.M. has picked? I'll miss LeMans Blue,boy that was a great color.There are 3 in my subdivision,one 05,(me) and 2 06's.Thats got to account for something.
L.Lake (LITLZO6)

Has anyone else noticed that most of the mfgs are getting away from the "bar of soap" styling and going back to the "folded paper" styling? IMO a good design has some crease lines in it. Probably why I think the Saturn Sky is a much better looking design than the Pontiac Solstice.

C6 is the best looking Corvette since the C1

The C6 is the best looking Corvette since the original C1 which, by the way, also did not have pop-up headlights.

First of all, no corvette owner should EVER say he or she does not like another corvette owners car, or the style he or she chose :mad. It's obvious these designs have come a long way and we all have our opinions. I personally love the headlights on my car and I think it is one of the best features. My dad had a 1967 Corvette and when I sent pics of mine to him, he said, "Welcome to the club!" He had nothing bad to say wether he liked the design or not, and that my friends is just pure respect of another corvette. I am young and new to this forum, but it is upsetting to see negative comments about another corvette. Shame, shame, shame :nono.

Cant' we all get along :grouphug:

Hey.

Hey, if I don't like the way something looks I have a right to say so. Just because a car is called a Corvette doesn't mean that one has to like the way it looks or handles. I'll bee damned if I will pretend to like something if I don't. I'm not afraid to say a baby is ugly if it is ugly. :eyerole I don't do so to offend the particular corvette owner and if he really likes his car my opinion shouldn't, and wouldn't bother him. Political correctness is rampant enough as it is, it's just a fricking car for john sakes. Chill already.:cool

I agree with you bwing.I mean ,I love my c6 and when the c7 comes along
I'll wonder what posessed those nuts at G.M. to make all those changes and
I won't like them at first but,like all humans(except for those that there is no
help for) I'll mellow as time goes on and next thing, I'll be in love with the damn thing. By the way, what do you think of the new color of blue G.M. has picked? I'll miss LeMans Blue,boy that was a great color.There are 3 in my subdivision,one 05,(me) and 2 06's.Thats got to account for something.
L.Lake (LITLZO6)

Hi Linda,

In answering your question as to what we/I think of LeMans blue it would start another fight. ;) I happen to like LeMans blue. I also like Electron Blue. I also like Marina Blue. See where I'm going with this? :)

IMO, the best looking Vette's were the mid-years. In their time they were the fastest, smoothest riding etc. Compared to the C6 they're like driving/riding in a Model A. (Ok, maybe not that bad)

I think the reason why some are bothered about new looks is that they're the ones that can't afford to buy a new Corvette every year. They want theirs to be the "best looking". I fall in that group that can't afford to buy a new one each year but I don't care what others think of the style of Corvette I own. I like it and that's all that counts. If I had the means, I'd have 55 of them, I'd be divorced but I'd have 55. :boogie

Hey, if I don't like the way something looks I have a right to say so. Just because a car is called a Corvette doesn't mean that one has to like the way it looks or handles. I'll bee damned if I will pretend to like something if I don't. I'm not afraid to say a baby is ugly if it is ugly. :eyerole I don't do so to offend the particular corvette owner and if he really likes his car my opinion shouldn't, and wouldn't bother him. Political correctness is rampant enough as it is, it's just a fricking car for john sakes. Chill already.:cool

So uh, did you have one too many there Norseman. My sarcasm was a little over the top I admit. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I simply meant that It is not curtious to bad mouth another persons car, no matter what it looks like. There seemed to be a lot of trash talk about the C6's and I just wanted to say, as you so simply put it, "Chill already!" If you want to get nasty about it, I don't think that a Corvette "is just a fricking car for john sakes." I think a lot of people are proud to own them and we don't need someone with a chip on his shoulder, obviously from his military status, to put his meaningless .02 in about anything but your own fricking car. People with your attitude make me :puke!

That's all, have a nice day! C6's are the best damn looking cars!!!:boogie

You have the same body design, so obviously, I was not referring to you. Why did you even post a reply?

Hey

MY, my aren't you the sensitive one. As I said before Chill.:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom