Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front-end Design

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
A lot of people have stated that they don't like the front-end design of the C6.

If you could, how would you design the front end of the C7 differently?

KANE

Corvette
Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
A lot of people have stated that they don't like the front-end design of the C6.

If you could, how would you design the front end of the C7 differently?

Bring back the pop-up lights....

63corvettesplit-2.jpg

80white1.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-1992a.jpg

4019_240.jpg

Glide

Corvette
1971 Shark, 1985 C4, 2011 C6, 99 FRC. 66 Coupe
Yea, those C6 headlights are fuggly. At least make it reflective under the glass, so it looks like a headlight, in stead of body colored.

Mike Mercury

Corvette
2002, 2003
I don't have a problem with non-popups on the Corvette; just look at C5's that have been converted... they look cool.

But it's beyond belief that Dave Hill signed-off on the selection for the C6 non-popups. Ugly is an understatement. They're so large that you could store watermelons in them.

R

Rumrunner

I don't have a problem with non-popups on the Corvette; just look at C5's that have been converted... they look cool.

But it's beyond belief that Dave Hill signed-off on the selection for the C6 non-popups. Ugly is an understatement. They're so large that you could store watermelons in them.

Sleeker design on non-popup headlights and get rid of the C6 smile.

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
I'm for the non-popup lights. One less electronic thing to fix later and it's cleaner aero-wise.
While I'm not in a front plate state, Chevy needs to make a front plate mount fit the car and still provide the aero cleaness needed.
Twin air inlets would work - somewhere between the C5 version and the F430 version.

Silverrod

Corvette
1996 Collectors Editon Roadster
Chevron Car

Gentlemen,

Did you watch the Daytona 500? Even Mr. Waltrip said the pace car looked like a car from the movie "Cars" which he was in. Come on! It is shameful! I have owned Corvettes since the original phrase " Real Corvettes have Trunks" was in vogue. The C6 is silly looking from the front! Sure it better, faster, stiffer than my Collectors Edition 1996 roadster, but I could not own it. The C5 has that menacing look like all the early 'Vettes, the C6, a true Chevron car, just put teeth in the opening and give it a "cute" name.

So please make the C7 with a "face" that says what it is; a force to tbe reckoned with , not smiled at.

chevyaddict

Corvette
1990 Convertible
Where can I see a rear view of this car? I can only find a front shot when searching google. I think it is looking more and more like the foreign jobbies and less and less like a corvette. I'm in favor of bringing back the old headlight style for sure.

MISSIN#3

Corvette
2000 BLACK COUPE
MISSIN#3

Take look at John Cafaro's "Black Car" concept car.

Just four small round openings for the headlamps.

A very sleek design,

H

hot coatings

Am I the only one that thinks the rear half of it looks a lot worse than the front half? ;shrug

Bill

I agree, it looks as if the just got tired and quit designing, and left it with an unfinished look. If the used what I think is the best rear end, from the 96 C4, it would really finish it

kelp

Corvette
C6 Z06
Like this

2484286_7_full.jpg

I like my hood better, though.

front.jpg

Who knows where I can get the front like the yellow above?

B

Brett

I love the side and rear look of the C6. I actually think, from those angles, it is the best Corvette has looked.

But I agree with the title of the thread that the front end needs some work. It's too smiley-cutesy-rounded. It needs some harder, sharper edges.

The headlights could use a little tweaking as well. They just seem to disappear. They look like a lot of other headlights. Would be nice to see something that looks good and is also unique to Corvette.

o2bnkc

Corvette
2002 M.Y. convertible
Popup headlights? I don't need no stinkin popup headlights!

L

linda lake

I like the S---Eating grin on my C6 ,It says catch me if you can.
L.Lake (LITLZO60

L

linda lake

There are to many problems with the popups,Istill like the grin but make the
front a little sleeker LITLZO6,L.L

gmjunkie

Corvette
03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe
Yellow one looks like a largemouth bass I caught once:L
I didn't like the C5's at first but they grew on me!!(A fat horse meat fed SHARK!!):chuckle :chuckle
But the C6 Looks to me like the byproduct of a Viper Humping a Mustang!!;shrug :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom