Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front-end Design

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
A lot of people have stated that they don't like the front-end design of the C6.

If you could, how would you design the front end of the C7 differently?

A lot of people have stated that they don't like the front-end design of the C6.

If you could, how would you design the front end of the C7 differently?

Bring back the pop-up lights....

63corvettesplit-2.jpg

80white1.jpg

chevrolet-corvette-1992a.jpg

4019_240.jpg

Yea, those C6 headlights are fuggly. At least make it reflective under the glass, so it looks like a headlight, in stead of body colored.

I don't have a problem with non-popups on the Corvette; just look at C5's that have been converted... they look cool.

But it's beyond belief that Dave Hill signed-off on the selection for the C6 non-popups. Ugly is an understatement. They're so large that you could store watermelons in them.

I don't have a problem with non-popups on the Corvette; just look at C5's that have been converted... they look cool.

But it's beyond belief that Dave Hill signed-off on the selection for the C6 non-popups. Ugly is an understatement. They're so large that you could store watermelons in them.

Sleeker design on non-popup headlights and get rid of the C6 smile.

I'm for the non-popup lights. One less electronic thing to fix later and it's cleaner aero-wise.
While I'm not in a front plate state, Chevy needs to make a front plate mount fit the car and still provide the aero cleaness needed.
Twin air inlets would work - somewhere between the C5 version and the F430 version.

Chevron Car

Gentlemen,

Did you watch the Daytona 500? Even Mr. Waltrip said the pace car looked like a car from the movie "Cars" which he was in. Come on! It is shameful! I have owned Corvettes since the original phrase " Real Corvettes have Trunks" was in vogue. The C6 is silly looking from the front! Sure it better, faster, stiffer than my Collectors Edition 1996 roadster, but I could not own it. The C5 has that menacing look like all the early 'Vettes, the C6, a true Chevron car, just put teeth in the opening and give it a "cute" name.

So please make the C7 with a "face" that says what it is; a force to tbe reckoned with , not smiled at.

Where can I see a rear view of this car? I can only find a front shot when searching google. I think it is looking more and more like the foreign jobbies and less and less like a corvette. I'm in favor of bringing back the old headlight style for sure.

MISSIN#3

Take look at John Cafaro's "Black Car" concept car.

Just four small round openings for the headlamps.

A very sleek design,

Am I the only one that thinks the rear half of it looks a lot worse than the front half? ;shrug

Bill

I agree, it looks as if the just got tired and quit designing, and left it with an unfinished look. If the used what I think is the best rear end, from the 96 C4, it would really finish it

Like this

2484286_7_full.jpg

I like my hood better, though.

front.jpg

Who knows where I can get the front like the yellow above?

I love the side and rear look of the C6. I actually think, from those angles, it is the best Corvette has looked.

But I agree with the title of the thread that the front end needs some work. It's too smiley-cutesy-rounded. It needs some harder, sharper edges.

The headlights could use a little tweaking as well. They just seem to disappear. They look like a lot of other headlights. Would be nice to see something that looks good and is also unique to Corvette.

Popup headlights? I don't need no stinkin popup headlights!

I like the S---Eating grin on my C6 ,It says catch me if you can.
L.Lake (LITLZO60

There are to many problems with the popups,Istill like the grin but make the
front a little sleeker LITLZO6,L.L

Yellow one looks like a largemouth bass I caught once:L
I didn't like the C5's at first but they grew on me!!(A fat horse meat fed SHARK!!):chuckle :chuckle
But the C6 Looks to me like the byproduct of a Viper Humping a Mustang!!;shrug :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom