Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

FX3 option on ZR1?

rdgfx3

Corvette
2008 Silver Coupe
Was the FX3 suspension an option on the 1990 ZR1?I thought ALL ZR1 Vettes came standard with the FX3 suspension.
I ask because I called about a ZR1 for sale about 250 miles from me with low mileage on a car lot.I asked the fella to go out and look for a knob on the console in between the power seat adjusters.He said there wasn't one.
Having previously owned a '90 L98 with FX3,I don't want a Vette without it.If the car I called about DOES have the FX3 option(?) it's as good as sold.The guy really doesn't know what he's looking for IMO.God bless him,he has no idea what RPO codes are either.

While I'm asking questions,how about sport seats in '90 ZR1's.Standard?

Hib,are you out there today?

Hi, I am a newbe ZR-1 owner, a 1990, and I have all the literature that came with the car: owner's manual and the box kit sent later. I have read almost every page in the two books, owner's manual and the supplemental owner's manual ( spiral bound book in the ZR-1 box. To the question about FX3, it is standard equipment in 1990, as are the power sport seats ( driver & passenger ). It is my understanding from the regulas owner's manual that the FX3 was an option on other models from that year. Why don't you ask him for the VIN, 1G1YZ23J9L should be the first characters before the sequential production number. Tom

P.S. I'm sure some one will come along with more accurate info on the VIN #, but the FX3 stuff I got out of the books. I just pulled out my window sticker & it doesn't say FX3. It has two line entries: 1) Performance Handling Package & 2) Selective Ride & Handling Package.

FX3 was standard on all ZR-1's as were the sport seats. This link from the CAC Model Center should give you lots of information about the ZR-1.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/zr1/index.html

The VIN should have a 1G1YZ (5th letter denotes a ZR-1) followed by 23J (the 'J' denotes the LT5 motor). The last 6 digits are ZR-1 specific and will begin with 800001 and the ZR-1 production ended with 803049. So, ZR-1 VIN's will look like 1G1YZ23J*L5800001 thru 1G1YZ23J*L5803049. The * is a check digit and can be any number.

A dealer could look the VIN up to determine the options on the car but it takes a bit of doing to get RPO's from the GM database. There will be an RPO sticker either under the center console or under the passenger side storage compartment lid. This is a list of the Regular Production Options on the car and they are in alphabetical sequence. FX3 should be on that list. And of course ZR1!!

rdgfx3 said:
Was the FX3 suspension an option on the 1990 ZR1?I thought ALL ZR1 Vettes came standard with the FX3 suspension.
I ask because I called about a ZR1 for sale about 250 miles from me with low mileage on a car lot.I asked the fella to go out and look for a knob on the console in between the power seat adjusters.He said there wasn't one.
Having previously owned a '90 L98 with FX3,I don't want a Vette without it.If the car I called about DOES have the FX3 option(?) it's as good as sold.The guy really doesn't know what he's looking for IMO.God bless him,he has no idea what RPO codes are either.

While I'm asking questions,how about sport seats in '90 ZR1's.Standard?

Hib,are you out there today?
what happened to your old car... do you have a thread about it?

All ZR-1's started out as fully loaded coupes. Only two options existed for 90. Targa top selection, and the automatic climate control. Selective ride control is the FX3 option.

I'd venture to guess he has no idea on Corvettes. His only job is to get you in to look at it and sell it to you.

Jeffvette said:
All ZR-1's started out as fully loaded coupes. Only two options existed for 90. Targa top selection, and the automatic climate control. Selective ride control is the FX3 option.

I'd venture to guess he has no idea on Corvettes. His only job is to get you in to look at it and sell it to you.
I agree with this post. The only little thing I might add is that maybe it's a European ZR-1, and I can't confirm that FX3 was included on ZR-1s that were built for European export. Maybe someone else here can.

I can tell you that the Low Tire Pressure Warning System was *not* included on ZR-1s built for Canadian export even though the LTPWS was standard on ZR-1s. The reason being: the system was not allowed within Canadian borders because of the frequency at which the system operates at. I have a Canadian ZR-1 and the LTPWS is not on my car even though it was standard.

Selective Ride Control, RPO FX3, was on all ZR-1s regardless of where sold.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom