Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Going to Carlisle ? and Summer Rally in Maine

jackfit

Corvette
66 Roadster Glen Green/Saddle
It has been a long winter in the Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, Northwest, and even in Florida. Having said that, I have never been to Carlisle. I am thinking of a road trip this summer to PA and maybe even Ohio. Not knowing a thing about it, any tips would be great. Where to park, should I take all my original parts off my car before I go .... sleep in a tent ? I meet a few of the screen names, and hide from a few that I have visited....

Also, I may be planning a little get together here in Maine this late spring or early summer. Lots of great roads, ocean, Portland, Owls Head Museum . Meet in morning, food, go for rides , meet back for dinner, head to Portland for night fun. Make it a weekend if you like. Tents (on Ocean) at my place or hotels, motels, etc for the softies.

Let me know if interested. 2 hrs from Boston to Portland, 3 miles to Cape Elizabeth from Portland.

No details yet, I have to ask my wife first ............since she had no problem with me going away for months at a time, I imagine staying at home should not be a problem, but then again.........you never know...

<fieldset class="fieldset" style="margin-bottom: 6px; font-size: 11px;"><legend style="color: rgb(34, 34, 156); font-family: tahoma, verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">Attached Images</legend>
47770541d1393368317-the-car-is-packed-48-states-await-brittany-corvette-club-lunch-054-25-.jpg
47770542d1393368408-the-car-is-packed-48-states-await-pat-1-.jpg
47770543d1393368488-the-car-is-packed-48-states-await-ride-at-5-pm-sun-out-005.jpg
47770545d1393368559-the-car-is-packed-48-states-await-lobster-roll-kennebunk-me-1-.jpg

</fieldset>

Hi,

Being a New Englander, too, I am always interested in proposed Corvette activities. Do you know there is a Corvette weekend in Maine? It's called "Back to the Beach" and is always held early June in Old Orchard Beach. Check their site at Back to the Beach. It really is a fantastic, fun weekend. If you'd like to meet more than 200 diehard Corvette folks, then you will want to show up!

Elaine

Hi,

Being a New Englander, too, I am always interested in proposed Corvette activities. Do you know there is a Corvette weekend in Maine? It's called "Back to the Beach" and is always held early June in Old Orchard Beach. Check their site at Back to the Beach. It really is a fantastic, fun weekend. If you'd like to meet more than 200 diehard Corvette folks, then you will want to show up!

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

Yes I do know of it, and was honored to head parade at the Beach 2 or 3 years ago. It was a great time. I am trying not to conflict with that event. My little get together would be a little more intimate, with parking and meeting at a private estate. More of a social event with cars. I hope to see some of the people I stayed with on my 48 State Trip. We meet in the morning, have several Maine ride routes of a few hours for people to choose from, or trip into Portland for site seeing. Meet back for afternoon drinks and talk, and a night on the town for those who will be staying over in hotels , motels or fire pit and marshmallows for those with tents. No details yet, as I am still looking at logistics and how to keep it very simple day trip for some or longer for those from further away.

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom