Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Hash Marks

Corvette
none right now :(
I have a '96 Collector edition with Torch Red interior... I am in the middle of painting the calipers red to match the interior, and am considering adding the GS hash marks... what does everyone here think about the way they look, or would look on a collector edition? Where is the best place to get a set? I have seen them before aftermarket, but haven't heard any good/bad news on them... thanks

I'm a purist, I like the CE
the way it is, all Silver with
the wheels to match.

I don't like the look of the GS
anyway, just doesn't do it for
me.

But everyone is has different
taste.

That is what I was a bit worried about anyway... The car looks good the way it is, I am not sure how it would look with just the hash marks with no other stripes like the GS... decisions descisions:)

PS, I am also worried about getting the stripes off if I don't like them, or want to sell the car one day

I'd not put on the hash marks. If they are meant to stay on through all kinds of weather and polishing, etc, then they'd probably pull up paint if you removed them. Also, sun fade on the non-hash mark area would be more pronounced if you were able to remove them without damaging the paint.

Maybe you can get a pix of a GS and use some paint program to change the blue and white to silver to see how it would look? I'm trying to picture it and not liking what I'm imagining.

But then, I don't like silver cars (looks gray to me, how bland can you get?) and love my GS convertible.

Glen
:w

I love the GS's too... (they were a bit out of my price range, it is hard to find a deal on one!) I think I will leave my car alone... The red calipers accent the outside enough (for now at least:)) And now you have me worried about the paint... The previous owner had those black stickers to accent the side vents under the hood, and on the passenger side he ripped them off, along with the clear coat, prior to selling it to me... it still looks bad when you get up close, and the only way I can figure to fix it is to have the panel re-painted... (the good news is he learned his lesson and went slow on the drivers side, so it is ok)

I wouldn't have it any other way. I would like to view them as confirmed Mustang Kills :]

If I had a red stripe for every mustang I killed, the whole car would be red!... Do you have the GS stripes on your CE? if so can you post or email me a picture? thanks

there is a ce with red hash marks i see once a week. it looks alright but when your walking up to the car its all the red you see, the torch interior is not as visable, so the red looks out of place. ive bought the red caliper paint and have made hash marks in red, but i havent had the time to do it. i was thinking a charcoal grey hash marks would look better

IMO, red hash marks on a CE would not look very good. However, as Jplay said, charcoal grey, or even black would look great on a CE.

Jason

6 Shooter said:
I've seen other Silver and Red LT4's with the Grand Sport Stripes painted Black, they looked quite sharp !
Well, this is how I did mine.................took a friends GS.........and mesured to spec..........added paint........no tape

Bigger Pictures . . .

lt4 gs said:

Well, this is how I did mine.................took a friends GS.........and mesured to spec..........added paint........no tape

Hey do you have any larger pics of your Vette, and if so, can/would you post a few?

bigger

let's try this

This car is currently for sale by True Duals in the Classified section of this site. It gives you an idea on how the stripes would look.

73.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom