Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Greetings -New Callaway C6 Owner

Speedbird

Corvette
07 Silver C6 Callaway
Greetings everyone. New Callaway owner in West Africa. I posted over at the new members intro section and was invited here. I had been browsing this site for a while and decided to officially join up a few days ago. This site is absolutely great and I picked up so many tips even before I got the car. The Callaway Vette and a Jeep SRT8 are my first American cars and let me say that I'm totally pleased. My previous sports car is a 2000 Porsche 911 C2 and I intended replacing it with the 911 Turbo till I came across Callaway - awesome awesome awesome!! Anyway I look forward to interacting with all you good people.

Greetings everyone. New Callaway owner in West Africa. I posted over at the new members intro section and was invited here. I had been browsing this site for a while and decided to officially join up a few days ago. This site is absolutely great and I picked up so many tips even before I got the car. The Callaway Vette and a Jeep SRT8 are my first American cars and let me say that I'm totally pleased. My previous sports car is a 2000 Porsche 911 C2 and I intended replacing it with the 911 Turbo till I came across Callaway - awesome awesome awesome!! Anyway I look forward to interacting with all you good people.

Welcome! Post some pictures of your car if you can.

Welcome again :v :beer

I must have missed that part of you being overseas. Are there many Corvettes in Africa?

I think there have been a couple of Callaways in that country - There was a C12 in South Africa however, that car has since been brought back to the United States of America.

If you need any help posting pictures, check out this thread: http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92568 :w

Welcome-you are really going to enjoy your Callaway:)

Hello Speedbird,

Welcome to this Callaway forum! To be honest, I never imagined a Callaway owner to live in Afrika! Which country? Looking at your car history this isn't your first great car, the Porsches you has also have great power. Maybe a weird question, but in my mind west afrika doesn't have the best roads to stretch the legs of your Callaway or am I wrong? :)
Good luck and a picture would be nice ;)

Groeten Peter

Hello Speedbird,

Welcome to this Callaway forum! To be honest, I never imagined a Callaway owner to live in Afrika! Which country? Looking at your car history this isn't your first great car, the Porsches you has also have great power. Maybe a weird question, but in my mind west afrika doesn't have the best roads to stretch the legs of your Callaway or am I wrong? :)
Good luck and a picture would be nice ;)

Groeten Peter

Not a weird question at all. A lot of people abroad have the same perception about Africa, but its not acurate for all parts of Africa. Over here in my country we may not have good roads all round but believe me we do have enough roads to stretch the Callaway and cars like it. Infact I've already been up to 180mph. You would be suprised at the kind of cars you'll see over here. Apart from the Porsche, SRT8 and Vette, I have a CLS55 AMG with a Renntech Stage 5 upgrade and a Range Rover HSE Supercharged. However there are just a few Vettes cos most people tend to go for European cars. Mine is the only late model Vette in the country and the only Callaway. There are about 4 others, a 79/80 Stingray, which was the first and two others from around 94/96. But from the sensation mine is causing I wouldn't be suprised if Vettes start arriving soon. I even dread taking it out sometimes cos am getting asked questions everywhere I go, people (even senior citizes) want to take pictures of or standing beside the car, cops are pulling me over just to ask "what car is this" and I get followed by certain people to places am going to cos they wanna take a better look or ask what the hell it is. One of my best friends recently got a 911 Turbo and he also has a CLS63 (pictured with my silver 55). I smoked the Porsche from rolling starts and from standing starts he gets away first due to my traction issues and his AWD, but I catch up and pass before the 1/4. Am now researching alternative tyres, maybe you folks can give me some tips? This car has exceeded ALL my expectations.

Speedbird,

Welcome to the real and only Callaway Forum online!
:upthumbs

That is a very nice stable you have there...

Congratulations!

Is it 560 or 616? I can't wait to get delivery of my 08 Callaway!

Enjoy the ride!

-Luigi
:cool

Great picture!!!! :upthumbs

attachment.php

What color is the center bulge in the hood?? Black or Blue??

Regarding tires, the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires grip however, the wear FAST!

The Goodyear tires are sloppy at best, once you have driven one of the cars with the Michelin or Yokohama tires, really :eek:hnoes

I found that on my cars, BF Goodrich has made a grat tire at a resonable cost - I am not sure though, if they come in your size ;shrug

Speedbird,

Welcome to the real and only Callaway Forum online!
:upthumbs

That is a very nice stable you have there...

Congratulations!

Is it 560 or 616? I can't wait to get delivery of my 08 Callaway!

Enjoy the ride!

-Luigi
:cool

Thanks Luigi, its a 616 with paddle shift. My friends have named it 'the punisher' cos they say when it goes past you in a race its like a punishment - you loose plus the supercharger and exhaust note makes your whole head shudder :L.

Great picture!!!! :upthumbs

attachment.php

What color is the center bulge in the hood?? Black or Blue??

Regarding tires, the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires grip however, the wear FAST!

The Goodyear tires are sloppy at best, once you have driven one of the cars with the Michelen or Yokohama tires, really :eek:hnoes

I found that on my cars, BF Goodrich has made a grat tire at a resonable cost - I am not sure though, if they come in your size ;shrug

Thanks. The bulge on the hood is black. Indeed I've got Michelin Sport PS2's on my CLS and they're very good. I couldn't find the Sport Cup (which i hear is better) in sizes for the CLS and now can't find for the Vette. I checked the BF Goodrich's but they don't come in my sizes. The little research I've done (maybe am wrong) indicates that the best bet for dry weather traction (i won't be doing any driving in rain and we don't have snow here:)) which come in my sizes are the PS2's. Am thinking of ordering tomorrow.

Congratulations on the Callaway and welcome to the Corvette Action Center! :w

Great looking car! I bet it's a blast!

I bet it causes quite a stir with it being the only one in the country!

What a SWEET ride!! Ive also enjoyed some time behind the wheel of a 616hp paddle shift car. What a blast :D :D Welcome to the COG. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom