Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

headers and sidepipes

rschenkel

Corvette
1980 clariet coup
hi i am looking to buy obx stainless headers and sidepipes does any one know anything about these and where i can buy heat shields not looking to pay too much looking for the best deals also what are the pros and cons of titleing collectable in pa i bought a salvaged 1980 dmv wants me to restore it to original to many things i would need to change the hood, intake ,headers cat converters i think its best to go collectable i sure can use some input on this thanks rschenkel

You've thrown a bunch of information out but I'm not sure what kind of feedback you're looking for at this point?

If you're looking at stainless headers & sidepipes, your Corvette will not be original and therefore not qualified for collector plates. That's not necessarily a bad thing; it's just that collector plates are cheaper but restrictive.

Did you buy a salvaged Corvette for parts or is that the one you're considering putting headers & sidepipes on??

-Mac

hi ma c

the vette i bought was all ready fixed now i need to get an r title the guy who fixed it put regular headers on it with straight pipes no cats or mufflers so i have to fix the exhaust there is no pollution pump or egr valve on it either just an eddelbrock performer intake also has a turbo hood on it . d.m.v says the car must have all parts replaced original as if it came from the factory even though my county is emison exempt i am looking for another alternative maybe street rod so i don't have to change anything and replace the exhaust with side pipes thank you mac

Figure out whatever it takes so the DMV will give you registration. I don't know what is required for your part of the country but any licensed mechanic should be able to tell you what is required. Until you get that sorted out, no sense looking for other performance equipment. Sidepipes weren't a factory option in 1980.

There isn't anyplace that allows straight pipes without mufflers to my knowledge... although you can sometimes get by with chambered exhaust underneath the car so it doesn't look like it has mufflers but it does have a form of noise reduction.

Classic Chambered Exhaust Inc. - Products

-Mac

Mac hit that one-- see what your DMV requires. My part of the country, I can use year of manufacture plates- limited to 5k miles a year, and only to educational events, shows, or for repair. And the DMV could care less about any mods- all it has to be is legal. Safety items. Brakes, tires, suspension, but they don't really check either. They will probably get cranky with me one day- I "forgot" to put baffles in the sidepipes

;shrug

"R", I see that your "comma" key works. How about the key immediately to the right of it? And utilizing either of the two available "Shift" keys would also greatly help people help you.
If you take the time to make your posts a bit more coherent, people will likely take the time to give a coherent reply.
Some friendly advice for ya! :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom