Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Headlight replacement on 92

lex luther

Corvette
1992 Polo Green 6 sp.
I still have the stock headlights on my 92. I have seen ads regarding the entire replacement with blue light plastic as well as Hella. Does anyone have any experience/input on this. The ad touts that they are plastics are lighter, less stress on the motor and produce more light etc. I do not want to borrow any problems with the electrical system if there is no real improvement.

I installed sylvania cool blue replacements in my 90 and there was marked inprovement. I didn't go the route of the replacable bulb type due to the cost.
Everything I have heard about them has been good.
The weight factor I had never thought about, but it makes sense.It sure couldn't hurt to have less weight to turn.

Glenn
:w

The cool blues cost about $17 each at Wallmart.
use the search tab near the top of this page , enter sylvania cool blue or blue light plastic . That should get you some threads with info.

Thunder has the ¨Euro¨ lights in plastic with Bosh 65/55W bulbs. The lights are really bright. Not daylight white like the Mercedes but much brighter than a stock system.

No problems of any kind after 5 years of use.

Glenn did you see the photos I posted of Thunder pulling a wagon of wine with your hitch?:upthumbs

Thunder has the ¨Euro¨ lights in plastic with Bosh 65/55W bulbs. The lights are really bright. Not daylight white like the Mercedes but much brighter than a stock system.

No problems of any kind after 5 years of use.

Glenn did you see the photos I posted of Thunder pulling a wagon of wine with your hitch?:upthumbs
yep. you posted an intresting bunch of photos.A very intresting life you lead there. I am happy I could help to get such a valuable cargo home.:D I am intrested to see how much of my information went into the hitch. Others may also be intrested in the hitch.

Glenn

yep. you posted an intresting bunch of photos.A very intresting life you lead there. I am happy I could help to get such a valuable cargo home.:D I am intrested to see how much of my information went into the hitch. Others may also be intrested in the hitch.

Glenn
92% of the hitch is your design. Sorry I didn’t take pictures – I destroyed 3 digital cameras at the track so I just do not take one to the shop there anymore.

I changed the center frame hangers because I knew that I would never have a tong-load of more than a hundred pounds or so and changed the receiver because the Euro laws require the ball to be fixed to the hitch.

Other than those changes the hitch is built exactly to your plans.
:)

Take a look at this info. I have the cibie lamps with 100/130w bulbs and a relay kit in my 87. They have more light than anything else for the money. Equal to any arc-discharge or xenon.
They draw 18amps on low beam so a wiring upgrade is necessary!
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/home.html

JS

MY 2 cents

A couple of years ago I replaced the original headlights in my 93 with the Hella lenses and bulbs. The bulbs were brighter than the original lights but the big difference was in the way the prisms are cut in the hella lenses. The aim of the light beam is much better. Since you would be converting to a replacement halogen bulb set up with the hellas you could always put the brighter sylvania bulbs in or even the 100/130 talked about earlier. I thought that was what I would do but the Hellas did such a good job for me that I quit right there and did not change out their bulbs.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom