Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

HELLO FROM COLORADO..FIRST C5 VETTE

HORSESCO

Corvette
2002 electron blue coupe
Wanted to introduce myself and say I have been going over this site for awhile and it is great! I am a single female--ex did not like cars or that i wanted to own so many, oh well huh? Kind of a gear head too since i also own a loaded (but manual) 2005 yellow Mustang GT. ( had to give it a new garage partner I guess.)
I was/am a little nervous about buying my used 2002 Electron blue coupe, (43300k miles/ paid $23900), but from doing some reading on this site it seems they are fairly reliable. I bought it out of state, with only (several detailed) pics to go by from the dealer--Ogden Chevy in Illinois, they were super to deal with). Had never even drove a c5 but had a c4-1990 from 1995-1997, so have not even driven this one yet, transport company just delivered it. It was missing the owners manual, hear that happens alot..dealer has promised to find one and mail it asap. Good since i don't know how to use the memory seats or any of that! Well, look forward to hearing from all of you and any help you can provide. It has:

Auto/tranny
heads-up
Chrome wheels
am/fm cass w/changer---need to learn how to use that too I guess.
two tops-think i will put the black one on!

thanks for listening....p.s. what do you guys think of adding the hood seal ( i think it is called)to the front rim of the hood where it meets the body?

Welcome, I hope you enjoy it , that's a great color, nice price too !!:w

Thanks, and i was hoping it was a good price, I used Edmunds (tmv) and Kelley blue book, it does have a few nicks on it (under the driver's door, a few right on the front bumper on one small one on the passenger door), but that will happen i guess as they age. Pa huh? Not sure if you are an NFL fan but i am a huge Steelers fan--have the dedicated room and everything, they really let me down last night, but i am used to that as well....No one was as shocked as me when we went and won the super bowl!

I like the Browns:cry ,too bad about the Steelers it was a good game !!

New c5 owner

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!! I have an EB 2002 myself and have enjoyed every mile. It has both tops,1sc, chrome wheels and A4. I've added a Blackwing and Corsa Indy cat-back....both mods highly recommended!! There are many knowledgeable and kind people that are always willing to help if you need it. In fact, I've found that to be the case on every forum I use. You will learn to ignore the jerks(some people will always have issues) and enjoy the little tips you pick up to keep that Vette like new!! SAVE THE WAVE!!!!

HORSESCO

Welcome to the CAC and C5 ownership. I too moved from a C4 to a C5 a few years ago and I think you'll be pleased with the upgrades. The Electron Blue is a beautiful color too. Congrats!

We have several members (and a handsome and debonair moderator) from Colorado, and CruiseFest 2007 is in Colorado Springs next June. Maybe we'll see you there!

Here is a link to the Tech Center > Model Center for the 2002 Corvette. Lots of good info and photos for your new-to-you Corvette.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c5/2002/index.html

Enjoy the Vette and the forums!

:w Jane Ann

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!! I have an EB 2002 myself and have enjoyed every mile. It has both tops,1sc, chrome wheels and A4. I've added a Blackwing and Corsa Indy cat-back....both mods highly recommended!! There are many knowledgeable and kind people that are always willing to help if you need it. In fact, I've found that to be the case on every forum I use. You will learn to ignore the jerks(some people will always have issues) and enjoy the little tips you pick up to keep that Vette like new!! SAVE THE WAVE!!!!

Electronc5

Welcome to you too. Glad to have you join us! You'll find that the kind and knowledgeable to jerk ratio on the Corvette Action Center is the Gold Standard for the rest of them. :D

BTW... You and HORSECO post photos of your Vettes when you can - we love pix. Here's a thread dedicated to C5 Corvette pix.
Click Here

:w Jane Ann

thanks that is very comforting to know that most are here to help. Have a question though, if i have my VIN how can i go about checking what options it truly has on it? And how do i know if it has run flats? I don't even see where the car monitors the tires on the drivers info center readout. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Grads on the new baby (so to speak), and Welcome to:CAC .
Did you run "CARFAX" ? You can take it to a local GM dealer and see if they will run the vin and make sure all of the recall/upgrades, service and any repairs have been done. Most dealers will do it to get your business (if you kind of suggest that you are looking for a good service center).
Post some pictures and of the car........HA:Steer :m

ok, i will, yes i have the carfax, one owner for 4.5 yrs then 2 dealers had it over 2 months. But can you tell me anything on how to know if i have run flats and how to tell if it has the tire monitor? Thanks in advance. btw gorgeous color on yours!

Hello from Colo.

ok, i will, yes i have the carfax, one owner for 4.5 yrs then 2 dealers had it over 2 months. But can you tell me anything on how to know if i have run flats and how to tell if it has the tire monitor? Thanks in advance. btw gorgeous color on yours!
Go to the 'gauge' button and continue to click it until the tire pressure read-out for the frt and rear comes up..It should give you pressures for all 4 tires..

Have you used your DIC (DRIVERS INFORMATION CERTER), FYI, opps looks like someone already got you the info....

BTW....use to live in Loveland. Loved Colorado.

HORSESCO and ElectronC5-
Welcome to you both, and congratulations. You've picked a great color and a great car.

HORSESCO, to find out your options, you can look at the list of codes stuck to the inside of your glove box, and see what each of them means in the Production link in the model center link that Jane Ann provided.

I don't know how to tell if you have the run flats. I'm sure someone does.

If you are feeling really gung-ho, you can order the build sheet and/or window sticker from the National Corvette Museum. They are $30 each for members, slightly more for non-members. I just ordered mine last night (guess that means I'm gung ho :L) here is the link:
https://store.corvettemuseum.com/services/buildsheet.asp

Tammy

thanks that is very comforting to know that most are here to help. Have a question though, if i have my VIN how can i go about checking what options it truly has on it? And how do i know if it has run flats? I don't even see where the car monitors the tires on the drivers info center readout. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Welcome aboard Horsesco. I have had a C4 for the past 4 years as my daily driver. Last week I picked up a 2002 convertible and I love it! I have the manual that you now have a link to and it explains everything well.

I had teh same questions about thr options. Look for a link this forums page with RPO codes in the title. That was my post and there is a link to a page on this site that explains all of the codes. You can find the codes on a sticker in your glove compartment.

HorsesCO,
Welcome, Colorado neighbor! We're glad you found us! Tell me, where in Colorado are you located?

And, Jane Anne...

...We have several members (and a handsome and debonair moderator) from Colorado!

If you think that flattery will allow you to skip that cup of coffee I owe you and go straight for breakfast in bed, I have to tell you it's working. ;)

:w
-Patrick

thanks, why did you leave/ By the way, i just got back from driving it, but have no cruise control whatsoever, and its not a fuse, any ideas? I think it is covered under my 1 yr warranty.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom