Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help on radio replacement

justintime

Corvette
1996 LT4
HELP,
I've checked everywhere for a thread on the installation of the resistors when installing an aftermarket radio in my 96. The only thing I could find pertained to the replacement of a bose system. Mine was a stock Delco radio I replaced. I have the yellow wire but no purple and white wire that was described in the thread. New radio works fine, but the sys light is flashing. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Steve

I installed the resistors on my 90 and if I remember it had more to do with the C68 climate control than the radio. It seems there is a data stream that it looks for and if the wire is cut it triggers the sys light.

Thanks Rig,
I'm pretty sure it has to do with my radio installation, I just can't find any purple and white wire like everyone has described.

Findout what the purple and white wire goes to and then find the corresponding wire on your car.

Thanks Rig,
I'm pretty sure it has to do with my radio installation, I just can't find any purple and white wire like everyone has described.

the C-68 option sends a data signal from the control unit through the radio HU.

the resistors go into the wiring harness behind the HU not at the Radio Rec box( on the 90).
It is part of the factory harness.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom