Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Hey everyone, Just wanted to say hi.

Ironranger30

Corvette
2003 Yellow Z06
Hey there guys, My name is Casey i am 20yrs old and im from MN, I am new to the site. I am looking at purchasing my first C5 corvette.

Its a 2002 Silver hatchback. 78,000 miles borla exhaust and different intake, oh yea and has the Z06 Wheels on it.

the dealership wants 19,995 for it, thats sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

I could use all your help though if anyone has some imput on wheather thats a good deal or no.

Any other info on 2001-2002 Corvettes would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

welcome to CAC!!
enjoy the forums!!!!!!

Do not give in to the dealer,check online deals.!Check classified at the cac.

a 2002 with that millage books for 25,000. every car on here is way to much they want 22000 plus for a 1999 with same milage.. If you find a good deal let me know pleese. thanks

Hey there guys, My name is Casey i am 20yrs old and im from MN, I am new to the site. I am looking at purchasing my first C5 corvette.

Its a 2002 Silver hatchback. 78,000 miles borla exhaust and different intake, oh yea and has the Z06 Wheels on it.

the dealership wants 19,995 for it, thats sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

I could use all your help though if anyone has some imput on wheather thats a good deal or no.

Any other info on 2001-2002 Corvettes would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

smilies-42650.png

Welcome Casey... I'm not sure what the 2002 would be worth, there are others here that would have a better answer than me.

But since you asked I'll venture an opinion and hopefully generate some food for thought. The miles are a bit high for my taste but that's just me. The Borla exhaust, upgraded intake and Z06 rims add value IMO. The Vette is about 5 years old and priced considerably less than my '98 convertible was at 6 years old with the B&B exhaust, new tires and 25,000 miles.

I'd run a Carfax report and have a trusted mechanic look it over. If everything looks copacetic, I'd make a counter offer and see what happens.

In the long run, it boils down to how bad you want the Vette and what are you willing to pay to get it.

:wJane Ann

Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

Thats for all the help guys, thats why i became a member of this website you guys are some of the niciest guys on the net..

Are any of you guys in DE thats where the car is maybe somone if you are close could look at it.

thanks again

Hi to all you guys too..

Anyone know where a good deal is on a 1999-2003 C5 Corvette. Auto, under 70000 miles, for around like 18,000-22,000.

Thanks again for all the help

smilies-42650.png

Welcome Casey... I'm not sure what the 2002 would be worth, there are others here that would have a better answer than me.

But since you asked I'll venture an opinion and hopefully generate some food for thought. The miles are a bit high for my taste but that's just me. The Borla exhaust, upgraded intake and Z06 rims add value IMO. The Vette is about 5 years old and priced considerably less than my '98 convertible was at 6 years old with the B&B exhaust, new tires and 25,000 miles.

I'd run a Carfax report and have a trusted mechanic look it over. If everything looks copacetic, I'd make a counter offer and see what happens.

In the long run, it boils down to how bad you want the Vette and what are you willing to pay to get it.

:wJane Ann
Couldn't agree more. Be patient. Welcome to CAC and enjoy the forum.

Its a 2002 Silver hatchback. 78,000 miles borla exhaust and different intake, oh yea and has the Z06 Wheels on it, the dealership wants 19,995 for it, thats sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

This doesn't sound like a bad deal to me either. Welcome to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, and happy hunting. The hunt is maybe half the fun.

Let us know what you end up with; there is one out there with your name on it.

Bill :w

Ok thanks im gonna be lookin more into it after im at my job for a lil longer, so we will see what happens

Welcome casey, yeah, take your time and a good deal will come along. I bought both mine on-line and couldn't be happier with the deal's I got. Just do some good research on the car.:upthumbs

Welcome aboard! The hunt is every bit "Half the fun". Don't get into hurry the right one will rear it's head and then your hooked.

Hey guys what should a 1999 corvette have for oil pressure at idle( car is idling at 600 RPM's and has 45,000 miles on it.) Its a convertable silver,auto, i think it looks really sweet.. Whats do you guys all think, honest plz, the guy wants 16,500 for it..

thanks you guys are awesome.

I can't help you with the oil pressure question, but it does look pretty good miles look good but the price seems too low, better run a carfax. Carfax is not the end all for your research, but it might show something.

The price sounds like a pretty low price to me for a 1999 as well; I would run a car fax it's worth the money in my book. May bring up some issues that may explain the low price and there is always a possibility that you stumbled on a good deal too. I have a 2000 C-5 and the oil pressure when I first start it and the oil is cold yet runs about 50lbs. & after the engine gets to operation temperature it will settle down to around 35lbs. and I've been told that is about normal. I am sure this is a electric guage so it won't be as accurate as a manual line fed guage but I would say in this area would be what you should expect to see.

Hope this helped some,
Bill :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom