Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

hooker headers ( help )

S

shawn tallent

Has anybody put a set of headers on a 1996 vette before? Just ordered a set from jegs part # 520-2151 the add says for early 80's through 91 but they , being several different jegs employees are saying they will work on my 96 LT4 just fine they said the hooker header book says through 96 , I checked the hooker web site it says early 80's through 91. ( www.ilovemyhookerheaders.com ) HELP:confused :ugh

I would send them back and get the right ones. If the part numbers are different they might not be the same. If memory serves me right the LT1 was first introduced in 92, so those headers are for the L98's.

Thanks alot , I think I'm going to call hooker in the morning also.

Yeah I too. I would be one ****ed of mofo, if I took the manifolds off only to fnid out the headers do not fit and you have to ship them back.

I think they will fit. There is a slight difference in the shape of the exhaust port. There may also be differences in the way the bends go to the collector .... ie. clearance issues. You never really know till you try.

I checked into Hooker's also berfore I got the TPIS long tubes. By the time you add in the Y-pipe the prices were about the same. I went with the TPIS and I'm glad I did. Easiest install of headers I've ever done. I did have to clearance some of the mounting holes, but that's almost expected.

:w

Yeah mine went up and bolted on the car without a hitch. I did have to do some notching to parts to get them back on, and I had to drill out the mounting holes on the headers, but other then that they went on very smoothly.

I called hooker & talked to there tech dept. the guy says that they will fit I received them today , but now I 'm hearing that the LT4 manifolds are so good there is almost no gain maybe 5 or 6 at the rear wheels is this true ?

shawn tallent said:
I called hooker & talked to there tech dept. the guy says that they will fit I received them today , but now I 'm hearing that the LT4 manifolds are so good there is almost no gain maybe 5 or 6 at the rear wheels is this true ?

hehe no manifold is going to outflow a long tube header. if you put on a free flowing FULL exhaust and loose the big mufflers for some eliminators you'd see probably 50+ rhwp and about 30 rwtq.

also this supports later mods like cam or head work ect.

Thats what I thought , thanks for everyones input.CAN'T WAIT TO INSTALL THE HOOKER SUPER COMP. !!!!!!!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom