Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many C5 owners do we have here?

This Forum has far and away more infomation available than any other forum on the net. I know because I check them all out daly.
If you let your C5 friends know what is offered here I think they will see for them selfs. I know they will get some of the best deals on C5 in the nation. :)

Recent C5 owner here. I've always been a car guy growing up around the Motor City, but prefered the English roadster look. Maybe because I never saw that many as a kid while I o-d'd on American muscle. Anyway, after I got used to the fat a$$ on the C5...took a few years... when the finances were there I opted for my vette based on the exceptional reviews it got. And the best part of it is, she far exceeds my great expectations! :_rock

Perhaps why you don't see that many on the site is because a great percentage of the C5's are still under warranty. Say half(check me on this one Eric or Rob) of the website members joined because they were looking for tips or help in solving problems and the other half joined because they like to talk vettes. If that's the case you've just eliminated 50% of your possible members. And there is always that percentage that bought a C5 because they thought it would make them cool :(

Brett

One of the biggest things that C5 owners like to talk about is what kind of Mods they are doing. Rob maybe a section on Mods and maybe a do it your self section might be helpfull.

C5 forum traffic

I think Brett hit part of the issue squarely. If I got free repairs from a reputable dealer on warranty, I would not be asking how to fix a headlight or about transmission service. Once I started using this site, I found that it is my favorite by far. It just took a while to need it.

Count me in as another C5 owner. Just took delivery a couple weeks ago on a 2000 six speed...my first vette. Like many of the other posts here, have reached a stage in my life where the kids are grown, out of college (still one more to go) and wanted to do something for me..... sooooooo I decide on a life long dream...buy a vette. Love the thing.

97 C5

I bought my 97 C5 in Nov. 2001, I love my C5 (I call her Snow White, cause she is a Artic White and a beauty) , she is a wonderful fun machine. I am the 3rd owner and will keep her forever. A friend of mine was the 1st owner, un-beknown to me at the time of my purchase. the 2nd owner was a NJ state police officer, who another friend of mine knows very well. So I know she was taking care of very well, inside and outside. She now has about 47k miles on her. She still is a teenager - LOL. I love my C5, and have had NO major problems and I do not think I will.
Bob

2000 Black Convertible w/K&N Fliter and Bassani exhaust. Purchased the car one year ago used with 5,000 miles it now has 21,000, it's a daily driver. In fact it's the only car we have now, our other car was in a accident in June and we are waiting for our new 2003 Mini Cooper.
Tom

my 4th one

Another C-5 owner here. Had a 1976 White Coupe, then a 1979 Silver Coupe, a 2001 Speedway White Coupe and now a 2002 Torch Red Convertible. Wish I would have kept the 1979 Silver Coupe. :duh

Patti

Rick- My first vette was a used 59 then sold it for a used big block
66, sold that in 71 to purchase a new 72 LT-1 Then in 85 purchased a new C4 with Z51 then sold the C4 in 2000 for a black Y2K C5 vette. The only trouble I have now is I wished I had kept them all....:beer

Hiyas! Good place for my first post!

Had a '89 C4 Charcol /Amber Targa, Loved IT!

Own a 2000 Sebring Silver/Black/Targa, born 3/16/2000
A4, FE3, G90, G92, Z51, UNO/Quad, HUD

Wished I could have kept both too :CAC

Regards,
DriveIt

I am an owner-for an unusual reason

I bought a 2000 coupe two months ago and I love it. It has the greatest "fun" factor since my '89 Supre Turbo-but it even exceeds that car. However, I was finally motivated to get the car because seven months ago, it was discovered that I had a cancerous tumor (base of the tongue). I've gone through 3 months of chemo and radiation and everything is going well.

The docs told me a strong positive mental attitude was a very important factor in my recovery-so i bought a Corvette. They were right.

The highlight of all this is that I have a handicapped mirror hanger and looks I get when I park my white 'vette in the handicapped space. I should mention that I got the hanger for bad hip that was to be replaced before the tumor was found.

Re: I am an owner-for an unusual reason

alwaysed said:
I bought a 2000 coupe two months ago and I love it. It has the greatest "fun" factor since my '89 Supre Turbo-but it even exceeds that car. However, I was finally motivated to get the car because seven months ago, it was discovered that I had a cancerous tumor (base of the tongue). I've gone through 3 months of chemo and radiation and everything is going well.

The docs told me a strong positive mental attitude was a very important factor in my recovery-so i bought a Corvette. They were right.

The highlight of all this is that I have a handicapped mirror hanger and looks I get when I park my white 'vette in the handicapped space. I should mention that I got the hanger for bad hip that was to be replaced before the tumor was found.

alwaysed,

Glad everything is going better for you and yes, the docs are right. A Corvette is the best way to install a positive mental attitude! Welcome to the Corvette Action Center. :)

Re: I am an owner-for an unusual reason

alwaysed said:

I too am glad to hear things are going well. I'm bettin' you'll recover fast and totally. Get that hip fixed too. It helps you to jump in the air as you Hi-Five other vette guys at a show or a local rest area :)
My Best,
DriveIt

Alwaysed: Welcome to the CAC!! Glad to hear things are going well for you. If a Vette can't give you a positive mental outlook, nothing can. Enjoy the drive...:beer

DriveIt: Welcome to the #1 Vette site on the net. You will enjoy your time spent here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom