Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

How many of you all have performance headers?

S

sothpaw

Everyone,

I am strongly considering purchasing headers
for my LT-1 C4. I have recommendations from
a discussion I had on another thread.

Just wanted to know:
How many of you have actually purchased and
put on an LT-1 headers from any of these
manufacturers:

Ligenfelter, Hooker, TPIS, Exotic Muscle

What mods were necessary for installation?

Any Dyno or E/T times to quantify how much
hp you got out of the headers?

Does the sound of the car get better with
the headers?

I greatly appreciate your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the Hooker super comp. Short headers. I picked up a pair of stock cats at a salvage yard and used the flanges from them to have straight pipes fabricated. The flanges bolt right up to my Flowmaster cat back and I can re-install the stock cats if need be. Haven't been to the track or dyno since installing them so don't have any numbers but I have been driving this car for 4 years now and feel confident when I say there is a noticeable difference in power. Sounds better also. I won't spend the money for another dyno run until I do a couple of other mods.
:w

I haven't been able to even hear mine yet. :cry

Next week! :L

_ken ;)

I have a '86 L98 engine, does this count too?

I use TPIS 1 3/4" headers, 2,5" B&B tri-flow system whitout the cats! It sound awsome, like a Nascar racer. And when I shift trough the gears it the best sound I ever heared on earth.

Dang, I thought i found my headers. Summit , Hooker super Comp. 1 3/4 , $478.95 cerramic coated. BUT, footnote says will not fit AFR angle plug heads @#$%&#@.......cant win.....and hedman doesnt make 1 3/4 for vette. At least I havent found where they do anyway.
havent checked Exotic either.

Dave, the headers from TPIS are designed for angle plug heads; I know because the heads I went with are not angled plugs and I had a slight clearance problem with one tube. I'm not sure if there's a difference in that they don't fit AFR's heads though. :confused

_ken

Ken, I'm kinda :confused by the notes in the detail on the Hooker headers. They say ,"will fit angle plug heads" and directly below that they say" will not fit AFR angle plug heads." I 'm not aware of the difference of the AFR. Also I've been talking to Jim @ TPIS , gave him my cam specs yesterday for the prom. I wouldnt mind having their headers but, my project budget is growing thin and I'm trying to find something for less $$$. Actually its not that bad when you consider its ready to hook up including the Y-PIPE. No brainer install and quality too :)

vetsvette said:
I have the Hooker super comp. Short headers. I picked up a pair of stock cats at a salvage yard and used the flanges from them to have straight pipes fabricated. The flanges bolt right up to my Flowmaster cat back and I can re-install the stock cats if need be.
:w

:upthumbs
Now there's an idea I may be able to use!
I've got the IM240 emissions to deal with here every two years, could switch back and forth if needed every two years.
(use straight pipes for "off-road use only" ;) )

I don't have mine bolted on yet, but I've also got the short style JBA's

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom